“Great food!”

Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed some fantastic food here. The steak was lovely and cooked exactly medium as requested and the fish and chips was beautiful and huge portions. Great value for money. Will definitely go back! Nice pub with chatty people!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We always have a very good welcome whenever we visit. The staff are polite & chatty, very friendly.The meals we have had from the menu have been lovely, big good portions, very filling.

2  Thank 898Princess12345
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The people working there were miserable at best. I don't know if they were the owners - if they were they are in the wrong industry, clearly hospitality is not their forte! If it was staff, then the owners need to employ people with people skills. Not a smile to be had nor communication, grunting and pure in difference for their clientele was all that was on offer. We didn't eat, just pouring the drinks seemed more than they were happy to provide us with and clearly we were inconveniencing them being there, a small goup on a quiet afternoon! They clearly have no desire to be a village pub offering anything to the local community.

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

The staff and owners appear to hate working there? Not sure why anyone would buy a village pub if they don't want families in there. A quiet Saturday afternoon with a large group of adults and 4 children ruined by the landlady who was miserable and rude. I am always disappointed with the pub being a local resident I keep trying it but there is never a redeeming feature.....

3  Thank Welshgits
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Thirteen of us ate here at the weekend to celebrate my sisters birthday and to be quite honest some of the meals were quite poor.My daughter asked for a medium steak that came well done,my brother in law asked for no mushrooms (he's allergic to them) and lo and behold his steak was covered in them so it was sent back,my mother and myself had the "home made beer battered cod" which was greasy and the fish was like mush,our friend had salmon which she said was disgusting and when my sons girlfriend asked for a childs meal (shes not a big eater) the staff pulled a face and said "how old is she?" Finally when we asked for a few plates to use for the birthday cake the waitress said they needed them for a big party that was coming in later and just gave us some paper napkins.That said the portion sizes are huge and the meals are reasonably priced but i for one won't be rushing back.

1  Thank Robert G