“Little Chelsea in Cardiff”
Review of Cafe Brava

Cafe Brava
Ranked #207 of 1,333 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Well, a hidden gem amongst a suburban jungle. I didn't expect the eggs benedict to be so delicious. Do I dare to say... the best in Cardiff?

Atmosphere was second to none. The only little niggle was the wait for the bill.

Minnsy, Owner at Cafe Brava, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

I'm really sorry the bill took a while to arrive, I know what a pain these delays can be so we'll work harder to avoid these type of issues. So so glad you enjoyed your Eggs Ben

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

This is my favourite place for breakfast in Cardiff. Nothing nicer than meeting friends here for a coffee, breakfast and a catch up on a Sunday morning. Food is delicious and extremely reasonable. The staff are very friendly and there's always a great atmosphere. Friends, couples, families all having a nice breakfast, very pleasant indeed!

Minnsy, Owner at Cafe Brava, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

I am always thrilled when reviewers recognise the team at Brava as they make us what we are. Thanks for your lovely review

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Weeeellll. Lived in Pontcanna for two years now and had never been to Brava. Was invited to lunch by a friend and really excited having heard so many people really rave about it. Such a disappointment. It was lunch time and busy but we were pounced on before having settled for our orders-felt very rushed. We were sat by the door which was pleasant before a fellow customer decided to light up outside the entrance. I hate the way outside seating areas have now become solely for those who smoke and unpleasant for many. For such a small establishment smoking shouldn't be allowed so close to the entrance-but alas. When my food came I was a bit disappointed. A jacket potato with tuna- cant really go wrong (although it was very small and I wasn't offered butter) but it was in an awful ceramic dish which made I awkward to eat and even worse it was covered in old chips, brown with use-so in hygienic. It really put me off. The cutlery was also so worn there were no teeth left in the knife. I would put up with this all very happily in a greasy spoon but I think this is disgusting for a place with its nose so high in the air! Absolutely awful prices....I think it was almost £2 for a can of coke and a shrilled old bit of lemon.

Next time I might just go to the Tuck in Grill Cafe in Canton...at leatse it does what it says on the tin and the staff can bare to crack a smile.

1  Thank AhoySailor13
Minnsy, Owner at Cafe Brava, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

I'm always happy to reply objectively to any objective reviews especially if they offer constructive criticism as we can definitely keep learning and improving, I simply don't feel this review deserves that respect.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

In cafe brava they serve the best breakfast eggs benedit is the best but then we went for dinner and the mackerel and moules were amazing. Service the best very relaxed the best place to chill its fab

Minnsy, Owner at Cafe Brava, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

I'm really pleased that you gave us a try for supper. It sounds like you really enjoyed it. Many thanks for such a positive review

Reviewed 5 August 2013

It is always a pleasure to go to this local cafe in Pontcanna. The staff are friendly and service exceptional. A good selection of foods at reasonable prices, recommend the Eggs benedict with spinach and smoked salmon - yummy.

Minnsy, Owner at Cafe Brava, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Our service and our fresh food is what we pride ourselves on so I'm thrilled that both lived up to your expectations.