“Excellent meal”

Cuisines: British
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2016

First return after many years. Very impressed with new management. A warm welcome when we arrived by friendly staff. I had the lamb shank which was absolutely delicious. There were plenty of vegetables beautifully cooked and the gravy was full of rich flavour. My husband had the sirloin, again said was delicious and cooked to perfection. Would highly recommend a visit and will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

Thank god for the new management, such an improvement since my last visit. Booked in advance and treated like kings and Queens.
The decor was nice and loved the log burner ambiance in the background, a great setting for a reasonably priced Christmas meal.
We were reassurred and provided with wheelchair access and accommodated for my 4 year old niece.
The food was great, so pleased with the lamb shank. Great to be back in Wales and have Welsh lamb falling off the bone like that. Awesome with the Crianza too.
Merry Christmas and thank you for looking after us.

Reviewed 17 December 2015

Booked a table for 6 people at 7 pm and unfortunately 2 people were 15 minutes late, but our orders were in by 7.30; we then had to wait 1 HOUR for for our starters even though there were only 10 other diners in the restaurant. Quality of food was mixed. Staff were extremely helpful and polite, but the extended wait really dampened the evening.

Reviewed 13 December 2015

We visited as a family today with relatives from Cornwall. The tomato soup tasted like tinned soup with some fresh tomatoes added. The bread described as rustic was plain sliced and very uninteresting white loaf. We waited a very long time for our main course which had plenty of vegetables all of which tasted the same-just like plain warm water. The boiled potatoes were very hard and undercooked and the roasties overlooked and leathery. The Yorkshire puddings were burnt. Service poor and we had to order drinks at the bar. One of our party has an allergy and when asked about certain meals the waitress was hardly helpful. All in all a very disappointing experience which will certainly not be repeated. I should also mention my Grandaughter hit her head on the table several times sitting in an unsuitable high chair. Sorry to be so negative but it is as it is.

2  Thank John E
Reviewed 1 December 2015

This restaurant is a easy to miss but worth finding.

The building is splendid and oozes history.

I had a very nice Carrot soup which was thick and very tasty followed by the Cajun Salmon.

The salmon was very nice, service is very fast and served hot. My colleagues had different meals and were very happy with their choices.

The staff are very friendly and helpful and the food is reasonable priced.

I would definitely recommend a visit, you won't be disappointed.