“Extremely disappointed”

Cuisines: British
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 January 2016

Went there a few years ago and had a wonderful meal. Went there this evening with my husband and daughter and was utterly disappointed. The service was slow and when the food did arrive it was awful. My husband had battered cod which was burnt and I had fillets of sea bass on a prawn risotto. There was one fillet which was overlooked and the risotto was a tasteless sludge. We ate most of our food because by the time it came we were starving. When I informed the owner of how poor the food was particularly the risotto whic at £13.95 was certainly a disgrace for the cost, he did not accept my view and apologise. He kept repeatedly telling me that no one else had ever complained and that it was a popular dish on the menu. I even told him that I actually felt sick, still no apology!!Disgusting customer service. I am mad that I actually paid for it. They need to learn that the customer is always right. I will make sure that I tell everyone I know never to go there as I am so appalled at how he dealt with my complaint.

4  Thank Lucy A

Reviewed 23 January 2016

We booked the Traherne arms for our engagement celebration. Tony and Vicki could not do enough for us. We had a wonderful evening with a group of close friends and family. All our needs were catered for and everyone thoroughly enjoyed all the food and the hospitality. A fantastic atmosphere and a brilliant time was had by all. Thank you so much.

Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

Visited on numerous occasions including Boxing Day. Table for 16 plus children. Not one complaint, food lovely including veggie option. Great atmosphere and very welcoming. Well done and keep it up

Reviewed 14 January 2016

Went there on Sunday 10th Jan, for lunch...WOW it was fantastic, the beef just melted in my mouth, they've done away with the boiled potatoes and now have extra roasties and gorgeous soft roast parsnips, the portions are LARGE, food is hot, served on HOT plates and the gravy is hot, and they will supply extra gravy at no charge, absolutely FANTASTIC, service is great, atmosphere is great, in fact the whole place is an utter transformation on what it was before Vicky and Tony took it over.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

First return after many years. Very impressed with new management. A warm welcome when we arrived by friendly staff. I had the lamb shank which was absolutely delicious. There were plenty of vegetables beautifully cooked and the gravy was full of rich flavour. My husband had the sirloin, again said was delicious and cooked to perfection. Would highly recommend a visit and will definitely be returning.