“Sad news”

Cuisines: British
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 February 2016

I turned up on Sunday 28th Feb to find the wonderful Traherne closed...WHY, the food was superb, and the hosts Vicky and Tony were great. I'm truly saddened by the closure of this lovely place.

10  Thank steve l

Reviewed 17 February 2016

Booked a table 18th December, had a fantastic welcome with excellent food we enjoyed it so much that we booked a table for Sunday lunch 20th December. the experience was again fantastic with excellent food and service. The waiting staff was first class, pleasant and very attentive, thank you.

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

Called in here last night, got a lovely welcome, as it was just after 5pm we were offered the choice of the lunch menu or waiting 20 mins or so for the evening menu, which we did, ordered a mixed grill for my Husband, a braised steak pie for my Mum and I had a lasagne. Couldn't fault any of it, good quality, hot food, and great service, such a shame it is closing down next week, all down to a greedy landlord apparently!! Best of luck to the couple running this place, hope they find somewhere else!!

Reviewed 30 January 2016

Went there a few years ago and had a wonderful meal. Went there this evening with my husband and daughter and was utterly disappointed. The service was slow and when the food did arrive it was awful. My husband had battered cod which was burnt and I had fillets of sea bass on a prawn risotto. There was one fillet which was overlooked and the risotto was a tasteless sludge. We ate most of our food because by the time it came we were starving. When I informed the owner of how poor the food was particularly the risotto whic at £13.95 was certainly a disgrace for the cost, he did not accept my view and apologise. He kept repeatedly telling me that no one else had ever complained and that it was a popular dish on the menu. I even told him that I actually felt sick, still no apology!!Disgusting customer service. I am mad that I actually paid for it. They need to learn that the customer is always right. I will make sure that I tell everyone I know never to go there as I am so appalled at how he dealt with my complaint.

4  Thank Lucy A
Reviewed 23 January 2016

We booked the Traherne arms for our engagement celebration. Tony and Vicki could not do enough for us. We had a wonderful evening with a group of close friends and family. All our needs were catered for and everyone thoroughly enjoyed all the food and the hospitality. A fantastic atmosphere and a brilliant time was had by all. Thank you so much.