“Fantastic, tasty and really authentic Thai food. A local business we should support!”
Review of Thai Thara - CLOSED

Thai Thara
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I have eaten from Thai Thara three times now and have to say, it's the best Thai food I have eaten other than when I was in Thailand. For local, authentic food that holds value for money, it doesn't get much better than this. If you can sit in the restaurant, I would say the food tastes slightly better than taking out, but then thats probably the same with any food establishment; served hot at the table seems best. Staff are friendly and I hugely recommend the mushroom soup (can't remember the real name of the dish) starter - very tasty! The curries are also fantastic and frankly everything I've tried from the menu so far has been divine...look forward to working my way through the rest of the menu :)

There are newer reviews for Thai Thara

Reviewed 2 April 2012

First visit here and first impressions were good, nice atmosphere with authentic décor,music and staff.
Staff were a little pre-occupied with regulars and service was patchy.
We sat some time without menu, nibbles or drinks then felt rushed to order before staff disappeared again!
The food was good and fresh although the mixed starter at £12 wasn't good value and prices generally seemed quite high for amount on plate. Drinks quite pricey (for Newport) too.
Restaurant was busy but not full and the staff were quite pleasant throughout.
We Left feeling reasonably satisfied and will definitely try it again and recommend you all too!

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We'd been to Thailand for a holiday in 2009 and a friend suggested Thai Thara on our return home. A group of us went, two of whom had never had Thai food and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The staff are so friendly and the authentic surroundings really did remind us of our trip.
Since our first visit we've been back numerous times and never been disappointed. So much so that my wife has recommended Thai Thara to all of her work colleagues, with more positive feedback from those that have been.
The take away service, which we succumb to at least three times a month, is also superb and living a mile away is a real bonus for us, as we can decide on a meal and pick it up 20 minutes later.

If you like Thai food, you'l love Thai Thara.

Paul & Sue

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Thai Food is lovely and fresh. Lots of lovely veg and a different taste than a chinese meal.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Have been meaning to write a review since we dined here in December. An intimate meal with a bottle of house red and the Pattaya set menu for you-perfection! The food was served swiftly with the right amount of time between courses and we even asked(cheekily) for a doggy bag as there was so much food! The only thing I would say is if you're wanting an intimate meal then dine on a week day if you can! It tends to get very busy during the evening on a Saturday and some people may get funny about being seated amongst a large party of 20. We were booked in for 6pm and on leaving a large table had just been seated, at 8pm. Overall would definitely recommend going as the over experience is just wonderful.

1  Thank MeLikeFoood