Arrived having driven from Chard, England, to be met by a very helpful and friendly Customer Services Assistant (Heather). We were booked in quickly and advised of where our rooms were. Heather then continued to enquire what our plans were for the rest of the day and the following day. Our plans included visiting Cardiff Castle, Heather advised us that due to the town hosting a major Speedway Event, the town was going to be congested and therefore we would be best to use public transport. Heather then researched where we were planning to travel to and suggested the best touring / sightseeing routes and printed these off for us.
What impressed us more, was that this level of service was also provided to other customers who where checking in and was mirrored by other colleagues of Heather, which indicated to us that this was the sort of service that was usual at this hotel by the Customer Service team.
Our rooms were of a good size and very comfortable and clean.
Breakfast was rather limited compared to other accommodation we have stayed at ( a serve yourself buffet of cereals, toast, croissants, sliced cheese, yoghurt, sausages, baked beans and scrambled eggs) - no bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc. although a small point, we had expected a better selection of food for breakfast. However, again the service of the Customer Service team made our breakfast very pleasant.
Checkout was also as pleasant, and we were encouraged to leave our car in their car park while we went into Cardiff on the Bus.
We would thoroughly recommend this Hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the Cardiff area and would rate the service here as the best we have experienced during our holiday (6 weeks around the UK visiting 18 different Hotels and B&Bs)
Thanks Heather for all you did to make our stay so pleasant, we will definitely book in again if we return to Cardiff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome is just the beginning at the Holiday Inn Newport. Whether you are travelling for business or leisure the Holiday Inn Newport hotel will make your trip a success. Offering 119 well appointed ensuite bedrooms all with air conditioning, High Speed Wireless Internet connection, satellite channels and In-house movies.The hotel is situated just off junction 24 of the M4 with free ample car parking. The thriving cities of Bristol & Cardiff are within a 30 minute drive and it s only a short journey to the Wye Valley or the Brecon Beacons. Take a round of Golf at the Celtic Manor Resort home of the Ryder Cup in 2010, situated opposite the hotel.The Millennium Stadium hosts a variety of events and is only a 10 minute train journey from Newport. We offer an extensive range of Conference facilities with our largest suite accommodating up to 500 delegates. Click on the meetings tab for further details.Harpers bar is a place for work & relaxation with wireless access and an extensive bar & lounge menu. Harpers restaurant provides a tempting choice of cuisine prepared to the highest culinary standard by our international kitchen team. Take advantage of our resident only leisure facilities with heated indoor pool.With our experience and commitment to our guests, we are the ideal choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Newport Hotel Newport
- Holiday Inn Newport Wales