I once came here many years ago for a New Year party. That was before the resort came into being. Since then I have witnessed the hotel being built, realised that it has become a luxury golf venue, but had no reason to either re-visit or stay there. So when that opportunity arose, I thought it was about time to find out what it has become. It is an enormous resort hotel. And after parking the car in the free car park realised why there is a shuttle bus to get to the check-in desk. I wouldn't recommend taking luggage up the steep hill! But when you do get there the size and the lavish hotel lobby is truly impressive. You could be in a grand hotel in the USA. Dare I say, not at all typical for the UK? Very polite professional staff. Then up to the room. Really nice sized, well appointed, nice and clean. Large comfortable bed, but keep the window closed because the M4 isn't too far away... Had a good 2 nights sleep. Breakfast was in the Garden room, and is self-service buffet style. All good though, but the chairs do seem to squeal against the hard floor. Health club (Forum) really nice, pool a comfortable 31 degrees centigrade, sauna, steam room all spotlessly clean and in excellent condition. But the best thing about this place? The staff. All superb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Host of the 2010 Ryder Cup golfing competition, this award-winning resort is set in 2000 acres of parkland in the Usk Valley. It comprises a 5-star hotel and a historic 19th-century manor house. There is the award-winning Forum Spa, as well as 6 restaurants and 3 championship golf courses. There are 2 adventure golf courses and the treetop adventure course Forest Jump. Clay pigeon shooting, fishing and mountain biking can all be arranged. The Celtic Manor Resort features a range of facilities to ensure the success of guests' business events and special occasions. These include a comprehensive convention centre and exhibition hall, 31 function rooms and 7 restaurants. Rooms all have a TV with satellite channels, and there is a 24-hour front desk. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas, and there is space for free private parking on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Celtic Manor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Celtic Manor Hotel Newport
- Celtic Manor Newport
- Celtic Hotel Manor
- Celtic Manor Resort Newport, Wales