Stayed overnight at the Celtic Manor (Old Manor House) for a Birthday Treat and enjoyed the whole experience. Room was of a good quality but the decor could have done with a bit of a face lift as the carpet needing renewing and the wallpaper was peeling in some small areas around the room.
The bed and furniture in the room were excellent - large bed and two armchairs / three seater settee plus a writing desk.
Went for a walk around the whole of the Celtic Manor Resort and we were very impressed by the whole hotel - would even consider hosting my Daughter's wedding there in a few years time !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Host of the 2010 Ryder Cup golfing competition, this award-winning resort is set in 2000 acres of parkland in the Usk Valley. It comprises a 5-star hotel and a historic 19th-century manor house. There is the award-winning Forum Spa, as well as 6 restaurants and 3 championship golf courses. There are 2 adventure golf courses and the treetop adventure course Forest Jump. Clay pigeon shooting, fishing and mountain biking can all be arranged. The Celtic Manor Resort features a range of facilities to ensure the success of guests' business events and special occasions. These include a comprehensive convention centre and exhibition hall, 31 function rooms and 7 restaurants. Rooms all have a TV with satellite channels, and there is a 24-hour front desk. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas, and there is space for free private parking on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Stayforlong S.L., Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Celtic Manor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Celtic Manor Hotel Newport
- Celtic Manor Newport
- Celtic Hotel Manor
- Celtic Manor Resort Newport, Wales