This was our third visit and was bought as a gift. You can't fault the hotel or the staff. The food in the Terry M restaurant was overpriced for what you get. It was a little on the bland side, on the warm side of hot and very small portions. To be asked to pay £4.95 on top of the £49 set price for the beef and cheese and biscuits was over the top. The buffet breakfast was also on the cool side as was the pot of tea which went back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Host of the 2010 Ryder Cup golfing competition, this award-winning resort is set in 2000 acres of parkland in the Usk Valley. It comprises a 5-star hotel and a historic 19th-century manor house. There is the award-winning Forum Spa, as well as 6 restaurants and 3 championship golf courses. There are 2 adventure golf courses and the treetop adventure course Forest Jump. Clay pigeon shooting, fishing and mountain biking can all be arranged. The Celtic Manor Resort features a range of facilities to ensure the success of guests' business events and special occasions. These include a comprehensive convention centre and exhibition hall, 31 function rooms and 7 restaurants. Rooms all have a TV with satellite channels, and there is a 24-hour front desk. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas, and there is space for free private parking on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Celtic Manor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Celtic Manor Hotel Newport
- Celtic Manor Newport
- Celtic Hotel Manor
- Celtic Manor Resort Newport, Wales