Celtic Manor Resort
  • Free Internet
US$54
  • Restaurant
5,895 results
All reviewsthe olive tree restaurantryder cupsignature roomplay golfcrazy golfmerlins barshuttle buscellar bargolf breakroman roadrafters restaurantthe main hotelforum spathe underground car parkspa treatmentshealth clubbirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I booked a spa day for my wife & her friend for her 40th birthday. Ultimately they loved it & had a blast, there was a problem in that the treatments were supposed to be together & it was also supposed to be the same treatment, this was addressed eventually & staff made sure they were happy. The thing that surprised me was that in the hotel there was a stag party & a hen party, I'd expect that in a travelodge but not in a so say classy hotel. It's still a great place & I'll definitely return but that took away the gloss a little bit for me.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great service at reception. Lovely American style resort Hotel. Discovered the original manor hotel near the conference centre which was a great place to watch the World Cup . Great value for money. Definitely recommend this fantastic hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The check in was great, then it went downhill.The disabled room we booked for my niece was inadequate as it had a step up to shower, and the quilt cover was badly stained, they were given another room but it shouldnt have happened.
The service at dinner time was very poor, and the staff seemed to lack any interest in their jobs and were bordering on rude.
Breakfast was pretty good but the queue for toast was a farce, and something you would expect in a 3 star hotel.
Could be a good place to stay but you need to improve your customer service.Mini bus driver was excellant and gave my elderly parents a nice tour.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 857robinc
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Well what can I say. I had afternoon tea with my Besties and it was lovely. The service was good and the staff were very polite.the sandwiches were nice.(even made them without butter as requested). The cakes were gorgeous and as for the scones they were to die for lol.first time being there definately not the last.Would recommend.

1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I joined a surprise 50th birthday party at the Celtic Manor 2 weeks ago. The room and the food was very nice however I have never experienced such poor service. The Maitre'd of the Orange Grove restaurant was outstandingly rude the bar staff told our party at 3am and I quote "We are not serving you anymore you are not spending enough". At checkout we told of our disappointment, the Customer Service department sent us an email survey. We had traveled over 300 miles to attend a much anticipated family event, I advise anyone else organizing a special occasion to look elsewhere, I think the Celtic Manor has outgrown us ordinary folk.

3  Thank Sue W