Celtic Manor Resort
US$64
US$43
New Inn Hotel(Newport)
US$70
The Old Barn Inn(Llanmartin)
US$87
US$84
US$126
US$94
US$100
US$52
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Newport Central(Newport)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Free Internet
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
5,957 results
All reviewsthe olive tree restaurantryder cupsignature roomplay golfcrazy golfmerlins barshuttle buscellar bargolf breakroman roadrafters restaurantthe main hotelforum spathe underground car parkspa treatmentshealth clubbirthday treat
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Lovely hotels, stunning views. Food out of this world. Only downside is the room card kept clearing. Hotel staff said that if it's near a mobile that happens, should sort this out, as I was on9th floor and it happened to me twice. Not happy.

Staff happy to re set the cards. Spa wonderful. All in all amazing place.

Room Tip: Room on top floor have amazing views.
1  Thank scragtag
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We went here in January as a present for our Ruby Anniversary and had an amazing time!. Because of this, when my brother visited from Australia we booked 4 rooms.

Sadly we found things had gone downhill. The curtains in our room were frayed, the wallpaper in my brother's room was peeling but worse was my daughter's disabled room in which the shower was over the bath ( how was any disabled person supposed to get in that!) and her quilt was badly stained. The reception staff did change the room without any problem but it was upsetting and also wasted time for us and for my daughter and husband.

Another thing that disappointed us was the attitude and rudeness of several staff in the bar/restaurant areas. I hasten to add not all of them as some couldn't do enough for us.

On a positive note it is still a very relaxing place to stay, the food is marvellous and reception, concierge and Lodge staff were all very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine H
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Over the last few years I have visited the Celtic Manor resort on a number of occasions. It goes without saying that it is a beautiful setting, with lots to do, especially if you're a golfer, but on this occasion it didn't quite come up to scratch for me.

One disappointing aspect was the room. Upon checking in we asked if we could have a room with a balcony, to be told that they were all taken. It was a very busy weekend with a big event so the hotel was full. She said not to worry though as we had been given a superior room. We then set off to find it was on the very top floor, was smaller than any room I have stayed in there, and had a distinctly musty smell. Not sure what part of it was superior, it was in fact inferior to any room I've ever stayed in there.

Due to being on the top floor you couldn't open the window very wide, which I wanted to do immediately to try and get rid of the smell. The room was quite dark as the ceilings were rather low, couple that with the room being small, I felt very cramped.

The other issue was car parking. I feel it is disgusting to charge residents the huge amount they do. They say you can park at the Manor and be ferried to the main hotel, but with limited spaces that isn't as easy as it sounds. Last year you could park on the road which runs through the grounds, but now they have put double yellow lines. From Friday evening to Monday morning, we spent £36 on car parking.

There was one or 2 issues on the Saturday night with service at a presentation dinner, but I do realise this was a huge event and maybe the staff had been drafted in and didn't have experience at Celtic Manor. We also experienced quite slow service at breakfast, but again it was the large numbers, as on the Monday morning, when most had left, it was back to being very efficient.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor, rooms much smaller.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My first visit to this resort but not my last. Attended a conference and the service we experienced was just superb, nothing was too much trouble, the staff are there willing to help not like other hotels too busy to bother with customers....

My room looked over a golf course, the views breath taking, small quibble the drains needed cleaning but I am sure they will sort that shortly..

The Bistro Restaurant food was not 5 star but did not spoil our evening...
The golf courses are simply great, very trying but superb nonetheless...
Will definitely be back here soon.

Room Tip: choose the end rooms for fantastic views....
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KPC80
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We booked in the Celtic Manor on Saturday had some lunch unfortunately I had my Lovely Paul Costello jacket stolen which. Just goes to show their are thrives where ever you go.
My advice is keep your belongings very close or it could happen to you.

1  Thank Jack12014