Celtic Manor Resort
US$79
US$43
New Inn Hotel(Newport)
US$70
The Old Barn Inn(Llanmartin)
US$87
US$82
PremierInn.com
US$82
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Newport Central(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$63
Travelodge
  • Free Internet
US$87
TripAdvisor
5,955 results
All reviewsthe olive tree restaurantryder cupsignature roomplay golfcrazy golfmerlins barshuttle buscellar bargolf breakroman roadrafters restaurantthe main hotelforum spathe underground car parkspa treatmentshealth clubbirthday treat
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Wow what a let down 5* resort more like a 3* airport. We stayed for one night and two rounds of golf on the Monty and roman road. I will start by saying the two golf course are very good top marks to the green staff. But thats were the good ends :( to start with who has ever heard od a golf course that you cant take buggy's on the fair ways ! you just have to walk twice as far ! to your ball usually with the wrong club then back the the buggy then back to your ball, its madness ! and the entire course is at a stand still waiting for people on front. Rite on to the useless unhelpful and unfriendly staff we were playing golf at 3.30pm but they would not let us book in until after 4pm so we had to book in after the golf at 8pm eventually got to our room waited 30mins for our bags got fed up and went for some food still not showered. the room was not to bad apart from the aircon not working and the leaky shower, other things wrong... taps hanging off in the loo in the bar, cant eat without booking, buttons hanging out in the lifts, staf that dont speak English, cold tasteless breakfast. honestly just save your money and go somewhere better .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Scott M
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I live in Newport and have been to the Celtic Manor many times, some good experiences some not so good. It is not a hotel/restaurant that I rate highly compared to others considering how much other people rave about it.
However, this evening I have been simply trying to book a table and have been waiting for about 10 mins to even get anyone to answer my call, then when someone did answer they put me through the restaurant I required which just rang and rang. I rang back, they tried and failed to put me through to Reservations and then I got cut off. Customer service should be top priority for a hotel like this, I will book a different venue !!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Helen186463
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here at least 5 times and I have to say it has maintained its quality but the breakfast is still poor, too much on table we had to put dishes on window to make room, staff were ok and laughed about it, food was average the black pudding was so hard if I dropped it from a height I would have broken the plate, also little extras like an omelet had an extra cost.
I would stay again for location and rooms but if the hotel read this please sort breakfast out.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We went to Celtic Manor for our bi-annual golf trip, firstly I would like to say that the signage on arrival is not very clear, so make sure you have all your paperwork ready to follow the small map.

We stayed in the new Hunter Lodges (No1 Plucky Pheasant) and I must say these are the height of luxury, 4 on-suite bedrooms, large lounge, dining area, fully fitted kitchen, sauna and hot-tub. Although the cost is expensive we had 8 sharing so it made for a reasonably affordable option. Food and drink in the hotel is very expensive (8 of us had burger and chips and 2 pints each and the bill was £160). The lodge gives you the "self-catering" option so you can eat and drink on the cheap.

We played all 3 courses at Celtic Manor and the condition of all 3 was exceptional, and much difference between them although the 2010 is obviously the hardest test. If you play the Montgomerie course make sure you have a buggy as its VERY hilly and a long walk.

Overall the resort is quite commercialised but well worth it if your going for a golf break

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a very well run hotel. The staff are great, nothing is too much trouble. It is a very big hotel, and it was completely full when we were there, but everything still worked very efficiently. The public areas are nice (although it is a bit gloomy in the Manor part - avoid staying there). The rooms are a good size and well furnished, although they are looking a bit dated. Bathrooms are excellent.

Breakfast was good, although the quality of some of the food could have been better (tinned fruits, sausages and bacon could have been better etc.). They also coped well with the large number of guests.

Activities are good, but expensive, ditto the spa. The pool area and the grounds are wonderful.

Wifi is free and good.

A highlight is the restaurant Terry M. Again quite expensive, but superb quality - worh the cost!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family