Having just returned from a 1 night stay at the celtic manor, it's not as impressive as you hope.
We arrived early and had lunch at Rafters, my sister and myself had a glass of prosecco and the waiter brought out another 2 by mistake. He returned later with one of the prosecco's and told me sister the "prosecco was a gift to her for her birthday, off him" well he added it to the bill anyway!
I went for a golf lesson at the academy, I have to say this was the best part of my stay, it was fantastic!!
After checking in (to dusty rooms, which had a bathroom that stank of damp) we went down to the Spa facilities.
It's Ok, but not what you'd expect in a 5 star resort, pool side was absolutely boiling and the water points are back in through the changing rooms.
We ate in the olive tree on the weds night, food was fabulous, service not so good and it was boiling, no air con and I think a few doors or windows could have been opened.
We had breakfast in the olive tree also and this was better.
However - on the terrace which is by the main entrance in the morning there were still glasses left on tables from the night before! Not a good sight.
A disappointing factor for me is you can tell this hotel is close to England, no welsh feel about it, not even signage or welsh menu's. I personally think this would be a nice touch. All or most of the staff are foreign, it has no welsh feel about it at all.
I'd like to go back for a day of golf, but the resort itself needs some work!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Host of the 2010 Ryder Cup golfing competition, this award-winning resort is set in 2000 acres of parkland in the Usk Valley. It comprises a 5-star hotel and a historic 19th-century manor house. There is the award-winning Forum Spa, as well as 6 restaurants and 3 championship golf courses. There are 2 adventure golf courses and the treetop adventure course Forest Jump. Clay pigeon shooting, fishing and mountain biking can all be arranged. The Celtic Manor Resort features a range of facilities to ensure the success of guests' business events and special occasions. These include a comprehensive convention centre and exhibition hall, 31 function rooms and 7 restaurants. Rooms all have a TV with satellite channels, and there is a 24-hour front desk. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas, and there is space for free private parking on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Celtic Manor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Celtic Manor Hotel Newport
- Celtic Manor Newport
- Celtic Hotel Manor
- Celtic Manor Resort Newport, Wales