The hotel is on the hilltop, easy to spot when exit M4. We arrived on 31/07/2014 just before 1100 in the morning. A bit lost to find the car-park. Eventually we been told to park in the underground car park which provided 2.5 hours free parking. The front desk was a bit busy due to the check out time at 1100. The receptionist Angela was very nice to provide us with the map and guide for the hotel facilities, Told us where to store our luggage and complimentary car park. The check in time was 1600 hours, but we were invited to use the facilities before that. Ensure to book a shuttle before going to the complimentary car park at the foot of the hill or end up waiting there or climb up the steep road back to the hotel.
We had a light lunch at Merlins Bar, service was good. Then we start using the spa facilities, which were reasonable clean. A relaxing afternoon as adult only until 1500.
Checked in to Room 902 (with a huge balcony and view) before 1600. The room was clean and bed comfortable. A good night sleep that night.
We booked Full body massage - summer special Forum Spa Treatment @£36 for 50 mins (real bargain), which was outstanding value. We enjoy every minutes of it.
We had a wonderful 3 course meal at Rafters, on the other side of the hill, it took a few minutes shuttles to go there. Food and service were both very good.
After a relaxing morning swim. We have breakfast buffet in The Olive Tree, a lot to choose - hot or cold. Food were refill/replace frequently. We love the fresh cut fruits and vegetable juice drink. It was a very busy morning there, however, everything were well managed, We was told by the duty manager that they were serving over 600 guests that morning, We given her a thumb up - well done to her team.
We used the express check out at the lobby - easy and convenience.
Before we left, we got some real bargain branded clothing from their Mall.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay and appreciated the staff & service at Celtic Manor.
p.s. The wifi connection was the best ever we experienced in a hotel.
This review was posted under The Manor House at Celtic Manor by mistake, hence resubmit here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Host of the 2010 Ryder Cup golfing competition, this award-winning resort is set in 2000 acres of parkland in the Usk Valley. It comprises a 5-star hotel and a historic 19th-century manor house. There is the award-winning Forum Spa, as well as 6 restaurants and 3 championship golf courses. There are 2 adventure golf courses and the treetop adventure course Forest Jump. Clay pigeon shooting, fishing and mountain biking can all be arranged. The Celtic Manor Resort features a range of facilities to ensure the success of guests' business events and special occasions. These include a comprehensive convention centre and exhibition hall, 31 function rooms and 7 restaurants. Rooms all have a TV with satellite channels, and there is a 24-hour front desk. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas, and there is space for free private parking on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Celtic Manor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Celtic Manor Hotel Newport
- Celtic Manor Newport
- Celtic Hotel Manor
- Celtic Manor Resort Newport, Wales