My party of four had a good time, however while reading through the reviews I can well understand where things go wrong: Celtic Manor is a massive resort - think of it more as a huge factory or administrative HQ of a company and you will probably get a better understanding of the complexities of running something like this. There is a lot going - we counted three weddings, two separate corporate events, umpteen large golfing parties on three courses, half a dozen restaurants fully packed and the spas, gyms and swimming pool. While it is all running smoothly and you are not personally affected by anything going wrong the experience is somewhat different - however, if things start to go awry and this is the same for any complex organisation, they can spiral quite quickly.
There is no defence for shoddy customer service or overcharging but the percentage of guests being treated badly compared to the vast majority has to be small. If it's you then, I am sorry but brown stuff does happen - take them to the small claims court if it really has been so shocking and disruptive.
Sometimes it really is necessary to defend the reputation of establishments on Trip Advisor - I don't have any affiliation to Celtic Manor by the way - but we found it to be exactly what we expected, a bustling resort that does it best to accommodate and service a very large customer base - and really quite well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Host of the 2010 Ryder Cup golfing competition, this award-winning resort is set in 2000 acres of parkland in the Usk Valley. It comprises a 5-star hotel and a historic 19th-century manor house. There is the award-winning Forum Spa, as well as 6 restaurants and 3 championship golf courses. There are 2 adventure golf courses and the treetop adventure course Forest Jump. Clay pigeon shooting, fishing and mountain biking can all be arranged. The Celtic Manor Resort features a range of facilities to ensure the success of guests' business events and special occasions. These include a comprehensive convention centre and exhibition hall, 31 function rooms and 7 restaurants. Rooms all have a TV with satellite channels, and there is a 24-hour front desk. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas, and there is space for free private parking on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Celtic Manor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Celtic Manor Hotel Newport
- Celtic Manor Newport
- Celtic Hotel Manor
- Celtic Manor Resort Newport, Wales