The reason why all 10 of us loved this place and why we all return...
1) TwentyTen- despite it being a fairly new course compared to when you look at some of the best in the uk it really is a quality designed golf course.. The variety of holes you get are second to none.. You find yourself standing on pretty much every tee saying '' what a hole this is''. One thing we found was that the pace of play was very good, the Marshalling on the course was extremely good. Lets be honest who likes playing a 5hr 30 minute round !? So for that reason it made the course alot more enjoyable having not to wait on every hole..
2) Staff were superb, from check in, to bag drop, to restaurant staff, to the shuttle bus drivers, they really were brilliant so well done to them..
3) Having played the The Montgomery and the Roman Road in the past, i do prefer the montgomery however the roman road is still a good test and a fun course to play hence why it would make for a good golf tour..
4) Ok theres no real nightlife in the hotel, i think the latest we could get a drink at was 1:00am which i suppose isn't that bad, but if ur looking for a few late ones your probably best of jumping in a cab and heading to newport....
5) Rooms were nice, would i say they were 5*? probably not, but having said that the service we had at this place was outstanding !!
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our time here and we will certainly be returning here next year...
I hope this review helps...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Host of the 2010 Ryder Cup golfing competition, this award-winning resort is set in 2000 acres of parkland in the Usk Valley. It comprises a 5-star hotel and a historic 19th-century manor house. There is the award-winning Forum Spa, as well as 6 restaurants and 3 championship golf courses. There are 2 adventure golf courses and the treetop adventure course Forest Jump. Clay pigeon shooting, fishing and mountain biking can all be arranged. The Celtic Manor Resort features a range of facilities to ensure the success of guests' business events and special occasions. These include a comprehensive convention centre and exhibition hall, 31 function rooms and 7 restaurants. Rooms all have a TV with satellite channels, and there is a 24-hour front desk. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas, and there is space for free private parking on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Celtic Manor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Celtic Manor Hotel Newport
- Celtic Manor Newport
- Celtic Hotel Manor
- Celtic Manor Resort Newport, Wales