“A gem of a place to stay”
Review of Albany Guest House

Albany Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
Albany Guest House
Ranked #21 of 34 Newport B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A gem of a place to stay”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Have just got back from my stay at the Albany Guest House. We went to South Wales for the rugby cup finals in Cardiff. The guest house is well situated for Newport Station with a 16 minute train trip to Cardiff. I am so pleased that we chose to stay at The Albany. Our twin room was very comfortable, spotlessly clean and had everything that we needed with an en-suite, tv, wifi access and tea/coffee making facilities. On site car parking is also a plus.

Our hosts, Christine and Steve were marvellous and so friendly. I have the feeling that nothing would be too much trouble. I asked if we could put some beers in their fridge to keep them chilled and Christine brought a mini-fridge to our room for us to use Christine was very helpful with advice concerning the train and taxi services. Steve cooks a great breakfast using good quality ingredients.

It was a home from home for me. If I ever need to stay in this part of South Wales again I will definitely try to book a room here and will happily recommend the Albany Guest House to anyone else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We have been working in the area and have lodged here for the past week. What a gem of a place, run by a lovely and friendly couple. Our twin room was very reasonable with comfy beds, full en-suite, tea and coffee facilities, TV and high speed wifi. I cannot fault this great place and will definitely look to return should we be working here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed in this lovely guest house while we were down watching the rugby in Cardiff. Was greeted in a very pleasant and friendly way. Room was very cosy, comfortable and clean, and the services in-room were excellent. There is a really good feeling about this place that makes it feel more like a home than a hotel. After a heavy session in Cardiff post-rugby the full English breakfast was most welcome, not to mention absolutely delicious. Christine and Steve were extremely chatty and pleasant throughout. We are regular visitors to South Wales and will definitely stay there again. Cannot recommend highly enough.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I had to stay in Newport for 2 months and was lucky enough to stay here. Being away from home is tough but Steve and Christine made it feel like home. They are wonderful people, you can have a drink and a chat with them and they make you feel at home. Having stayed in the majority of the rooms I can say they are all great very cosy and cute ;) I was reluctant to stay in Newport but they made the stay a fabulous one I recommend that everyone should stay here! The rooms are cleaner than most hotels and quiet and perfect for a good nights sleep and stay. They have the cutest friendliest dog and they are just such nice people. I will definitely be returning!!! ;) x

• Stayed July 2013
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I've stayed at Albany for the last two months as I did my training at work. Couldn't imagine a better place to stay! It really feels like home with a top hotel quality! Christine and Steve are wonderful and they treat you like family! Great service, rooms, definitely the best place to stay in Newport! I will come back! And they have adorable dog! Tom.

• Stayed August 2013
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2012

It was in a good location as I was attending a course locally.
The owners Steve and Christine Bradley could not have been nicer and very helpful.
The rooms were bright ,clean and cheerful and at a reasonable cost.
The food was excellent.
I will stay there again and would recommend it anyone

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Good location as I was commuting into work.
Breakfast was not up to the £5 charge.
Cheep hotel, so cheep expectations.
Owners did have a dog, which is a good thing for some people, a bad thing for me however.
Had the 'old hotel' smell.
Beds were quite small.
Mainroad VERY noisy.
Friendly people.
Overall average.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the house should be quieter (mainroad)