“Never again. Lost a good customer.”
Review of Juboraj - Newport - CLOSED

Juboraj - Newport
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Yes the head waiter is grumpy, I've always got on well with him. Until my last visit. The New waiter obviously hadn't been trained correctly and made a mess of the hotplates, gave my friend his curry with a bit of his thumb as an addition. The attitude of grumpy toward us was pretty much hostile, with us being one of 3 tables, we waited a long time for our drinks and food. My other friend ordered a chicken dish, it wasn't chicken served, it was a red meat dish... With the addition of random hairs and shoddy service, The Juboraj I once enjoyed and loved has lost 10 good customers.

1  Thank Gareth D

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We have used this business a few times for takeaways which have been really good. The food was spot on, i would say the best i have tried in Newport, but sometimes let down by the Grumpy Manager. He does cheer up now and again, but not often enough. Also a bit put off by the old guy who looks like a cross between Worzel Gummidge and Jimmy Savile who keeps pacing back and forth in the place - I think he is the delivery driver. Still, Great food, Great prices so definately worth a visit.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

The food was absolutely delicious but the old "lurch" type manager mumbled and grumbled his way through our order, he did cheer up as the visit went on. We were also sat next to a couple when other tables were available. Would have preferred to be given a choice of seat. We usually have take away from here,will probably stick to that

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Customer friendly this isn't. The manager in particular is brusque bordering on rude. We were put to sit (no choice) right next to another couple even though half the restaurant was empty. The service was erratic with a number of staff milling around in an unco-ordinated fashion. We had to wait a long time for our main meal and when we asked where it was, we were given a dismissive wave and told it was coming shortly, no apology or explanation. On that basis I would like to give a really negative review,but the food is actually not bad at all. In particular the vegetable dishes are really very tasty. However, the quality of the meat used in the carnivore options lets them down a little. If you can stand a touch of the Fawlty Towers treatment then all things considered this isn't a bad place to get a curry - or perhaps even better, a take away!

2  Thank Dr G
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I once had a murghi massala from here that blew my mind. I've got a feeling they've been through a few chefs since though, because it lacks consistency. The chap who generally runs things could do with cheering up a bit too.