“Consistently excellent for over 15 years”
Review of Shoboraj

Shoboraj
Ranked #5 of 467 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I'm hugely biased. I've tried other Indians in Newport (and much further afield - I lived in London for eight years and never found an Indian as good as the Shoboraj in Newport) and I always return to the Shoboraj. Chunu and Sammi are always friendly and welcoming. The food is always excellent and, as far as I can tell, made from scratch (unlike most Indians that use base sauces bought in bulk) using fresh herbs and spices, and quality meat. The portions are generous and there's always plenty to take home. Recommend: prawn puri to start with murgi masala for main. Top notch, guys. Keep up the good work.

2  Thank CrapFoodGuide

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Went with my family to celebrate my birthday after reading the great reviews on trip advisor and we were not disappointed.
The food was plentiful (enough for a doggy bag) and very flavorsome! Whilst the service was slow and the popadoms pricey the food was well presented and beautifully tasty.
The staff were friendly and helpful. We can't wait to return again.

2  Thank rhibar
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

All the usual dishes you would expect from such a restaurant, but a great Specialities section. Food was of an excellent standard and the service was superb also. Highly recommended and fully deserving of it's rating

3  Thank Puresix
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I have been to the Shoboraj for many years now and can only ever say good things about this restaurant. The food is always consistently brilliant. They will adjust spiciness for the customer according to taste. This restaurant betters most curry houses I have ever been to especially the ones I went to when living in London and the South East of the UK. Go there any enjoy the good food and the punctual and helpful service where this will become the only curry house you go to in South Wales.

3  Thank R08W3
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Can't believe this restuarant is ranked number 8 on trip advisor as it deserves to be number 1 by a mile.We go there regularly and even on New Years Eve and have never been disappointed As a curry lover I have tried most of the menu even the fish curries which were amazing and have always had a superb dining experience Sammy and the rest of his staff treat us like family and take the trouble to make your visit as comfortable and as enjoyable as possible
A real gem of a place so why isn't it number 1 I continue to ask?
Mouth watering now as we're due another visit tomorrow..

2  Thank martCwmbran