“Never again!”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Newport, United Kingdom
“Never again!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Reluctantly, I won't be ordering from the Lahore again. Since their recent success, standards have plummeted - have they become too busy to focus on quality? I stress this was a delivered meal which was very poor, horrible poppodums, a madras that tasted like a korma, watery mint sauce insipid and tasteless food. So disappointing. Had I been in the restaurant, it would have all been sent back. As a regular customer, I felt insulted that they could deliver such poor quality food. They used to be so good - Whats gone wrong???

3 Thank Bob R

Newport, United Kingdom
“Good even when busy.”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Went there alone last week on Saturday about 8:30. Was asked to wait in the waiting area and within few minutes they asked if I could come back in half an hour. I returned, having left my order, was sat down and my starter arrived immediately. As soon as I finished my starter my main was ready (I had explained I was eager to get out for the night) Lahore Special (Madras Strength) Old Style - Definitely would recommend this dish. Paid my bill as quickly as possible and left feeling pleasantly fed before getting out on the town.I have always held this restaurant in high esteem and would be happy to recommend it to anyone who likes Indian Cuisine.

2 Thank Glyndwr182
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“best balti i have ever had (in newport)”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

the food here was really good and we got lots of chocolates at the end. a reasonable price too... sadly not BYOB but apart from that all good. servixe was a little slow, after 50+ years in the busiless you would think they are a little more slick...

Newport
“Good food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Never actually been to this place. It have order from here and for the price the you pay the food is very good and it arrived reasonably fast for a weekend.

1 Thank J-Reeves91
“Congratulations”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Congratulations to all the staff on being ranked in the top 5 curry houses in the UK by the Sunday Telegraph. Brilliant meal last night, one of the best ever.

2 Thank john c