Glenroy Hotel
US$163
New Inn Hotel(Newport)
US$70
US$43
The Old Barn Inn(Llanmartin)
US$87
US$82
PremierInn.com
US$82
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Newport Central(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$63
Travelodge
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 September 2006

I booked to stay at another hotel called the caerleon hotel, that seems to be owned by the same people as the glenroy, and on arrival the lady that answered the door told me, 'no vacancies'. I had just driven down from Scotland and was pretty tired, so I told her we had booked and she then called her boss. We decided just to leave and find another hotel. The ladies boss then called me, apologised and told us there had been a mix up and directed us to the glenroy. The woman that worked at the glenroy was a lot more pleasant and helpful. The hotel itself was ok, the rooms were clean, but the approach wasnt very nice. On going for breakfast in the morning, the lady from the caerleon hotel was serving and she was very curt with us.

I think if the glenroy had different staff it could be fine, its fairly close to the city centre and the manager seems to be very personable, but the lady serving breakfast seemed inconvenienced by our presence.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank sagra
A TripAdvisor Member
bristol
Reviewed 7 March 2006

I have just returned from newport and stayed at the Glen Roy Hotel.[B+B] My advice to everyone is not to waste your money. For £50 a night the service was poor and the staff were rude. I was greeted at the door with 'Who are you!' When i said my name she just looked at me blank so i had to get my own paperwork out to infact prove i had booked a room.
The breakfast was two bits of toast but if i wanted anything else i had to pay an extra £2.50.
The staff were not very welcoming and to be honest gave me the impression that i was intruding.
May of been an 'off weekend' but i will not be going back there.

• Stayed: March 2006