“Superb hotel”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Newport
Helston, United Kingdom
“Superb hotel”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are regular visitors to this hotel for my work. It is conveniently located near the M4 yet is quiet. The staff are friendly and efficient and the service is to a high standard. We use HI Express hotels a lot and this is our favourite.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Michael O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the Holiday Inn Express Newport.

It is always a delight to read that we have such loyal guests who experience our high levels of service consistently. Also knowing that you prefer our hotel than the rest of out brand is such an achievement in itself.

I thank you for being such a loyal guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel whilst travelling to Newport on business. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Newport.

• Stayed May 2014
Michael O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Loyal Guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind words concerning your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Newport.

It is always a pleasure to hear good feedback concerning our hotel and I am pleased to read that you will return to stay with us when you are next in Newport.

Kindest Regards,

Michael Oates
Belfast, N.Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went to visit daughter at Uni and see the Heineken Cup final. Cardiff Hotels were very expensive. Newport has good transport links to Cardiff so locations was fine. Got a very good rate from last October. Arrived late form Bristol airport because of shocking traffic at toll gates. Found hotel easily. Does not look much, a modern roadside hotel. Clean and well maintained. Lady on reception, Justine, was great. She sympathised with us about traffic and volunteered to cook us some dinner even though restaurant was closed.
We had originally booked room with 2 singles as my son and I had planned the trip. Now that wife was coming the hotel had agreed to a family room which was ready with the sofa bed made up. Aircon worked, Bed a bit soft for my taste but comfy. Bathroom fine.
Front desk suggested different ways to get to Cardiff. Local bus timetables were provided along with instructions. We opted for the suggested local taxi who picked us up and left us to Cardiff them arranged a pick up for the return. All went smoothly.
Hotel is typical of its type. A bit short of staff who were very busy in a multitude of rolls on this very busy weekend.
All were friendly and helpful. I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
LeePrice01, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Newport.

I am extremely pleased to read that you had a lovely stay with us and that my colleagues were friendly and helpful during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Philippa Ebdon
Guest Service Manager
UK
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The usual room with the added benefit of air conditioning.

A comfortable and inviting lobby/lounge/bar/breakfast area.

The newer hotels seem to have better beds and bedding.

A good base for one or a few nights stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback concerning your stay.

I am pleased to noticwe that you have enjoyed your stay and indeed had a good nights sleep.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Michael Oates
Mumbai
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was visiting Cardiff so thought of staying at Newport for 1 night as I got the hotel cheaper than what a similar hotel would've cost me in Cardiff. Moreover Cardiff & Newport are connected by a good network of public transport.I was greeted with a smile by the lady at the reception who welcomed me as a Gold member. She did everything in her perview to guide me to a nearby church as also help me with information i was looking forward to with respect to my sight seeing agenda.
The family room was nice, quite large & clean & the big LCD made viewing TV (though for a short time) quite a pleasure.
The staff was just great - all adorned lovely & welcoming smiles

The free breakfast & WiFi at the Holiday Inn Express is always welcome & is their USP.

They were quite busy on the day I checked out & there was no one at the reception. I waited for quite some time before deciding to drop my keys & get along as i had a bus to board. This resulted in some sort of an issue with respect to my unsettled bill which was amicably settled on the next day but it would be good had the staff been available at the desk during check out.

Will come back if i visit Cardiff!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank floyd_g23
LeePrice01, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to see you had a great experience while staying at our hotel and that our staff met your expectations.

We appreciate all feedback, good or bad; as it allows us to continuously improve our services and facilities we have on offer at the hotel. I am sorry to hear you didn't have a very good check-out experience with us and I have taken your comments on board. I hope this does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Many thanks

Philippa Ebdon
Guest Service Manager
Poland
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at the holiday inn express Newport beginning of May 2014. The hotel itself is located a bit further away from the Newport centre so best is to take a cab from the railway station (tip-use Dragon taxis just by the train station which offers good fixed price service -around £7.00). Apart from the location, which requires from one to travel for another 10min by cab, we found the hotel room being a very good value for money - clean and spacious. The staff are friendly and cheerful, always happy to assist. We've had a really good night stay at this property and would come back again if in the area as the place is a good base to head off to Cardiff (only 12 min journey on the train).

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank marryPoland
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

One of the best Holiday Inn express hotels I've stayed in.
Everything you could want for a very reasonable room rate.
Slightly larger than normal room size.
Great for access off the motorway and a good base for reaching all of South Wales..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Hotel ibis budget Newport
Hotel ibis budget Newport
#10 of 18 in Newport
The Priory Hotel & Restaurant
#8 of 18 in Newport
Premier Inn Newport Wales (M4, J24) Hotel
The Queens Hotel, Newport
Hampton by Hilton Newport East

Been to Holiday Inn Express Newport? Share your experiences!