“The Best Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Newport
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Holiday Inn Express does what it says on the tin, but it is the staff that make the difference they are great, friendly and helpful. Only complaint was that they had run out of bananas at breakfast, but it was very busy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Michael O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay with us.

It is always pleasurable to read another guest has enjoyed their stay so much.

I continually impressed and overwhelmed by the positive feedback I receive regarding my team members.

Once again thank you for your review, I look forward to hopefully greeting you as a guest in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We used this hotel as a stop over on are way to deeper wales, it was a great place to stop. Clean, tidy, very friendly staff, good room everything you needed and a good bed for a great night sleep.
I would recommend this place for a stop over. We had a ground floor room which was great.
There was a pub next door served excellent food and the waiting staff were brilliant (many thanks to Hannah). There was ample parking, the only thing I could possibly mention is the signage to the hotel was poor, that sat nav found it though.

Room Tip: A little hard to find, just needs better signage
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your kind words relating to the Holiday Inn Express Newport.

I am thrilled to read that our hotel continually meets the high expectations of our guests, which is testament to the recent annual awards we received for Housekeeping Team of the Year and Guest Experience Hotel of the Year.

I will pass on your kind comments to my team members to ensure they are rewarded for their great service.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed with family and had an excellent time. Rooms were clean and comfortable, ideal for a base. Breakfast was good and replenished regularly. Will definitely stay again. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Joanne,

Many thanks for your review on the Holiday Inn Express Newport.

We try our very best to ensure each and every guest enjoys their stay each and every time and it is a pleasure to read that we have another satisfied guest.

I look forward to hopefully greeting you as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Nicely located hotel with a small dining area. Had a room facing the main road so could hear traffic all night. TV reception was bad particularly during the evening. Nice pub just next to the hotel with good food and a good selection of beers.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back not on the main road
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Michael O, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Gary M,

May I thank you for your review on the Holiday Inn Express Newport.

We value your feedback, good or bad, as it allows us to continuously monitor our performance levels. Please also accept my apologies regarding the noise levels during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the outskirts of Newport in advance of a family event the next day. Very accessible (just off the M4), very reasonable (rates included a simple breakfast) and very comfortable. I simply cannot fault the quality for the value and when you consider it was a £8 taxi ride from Newport station, it makes it even better. If I return to Newport and need to stay, you'll find me here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ce9173
LeePrice01, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see you had a very comfortable stay with us and I look forward to seeing welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Many thanks

Philippa Ebdon
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are regular visitors to this hotel for my work. It is conveniently located near the M4 yet is quiet. The staff are friendly and efficient and the service is to a high standard. We use HI Express hotels a lot and this is our favourite.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the Holiday Inn Express Newport.

It is always a delight to read that we have such loyal guests who experience our high levels of service consistently. Also knowing that you prefer our hotel than the rest of out brand is such an achievement in itself.

I thank you for being such a loyal guest.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel whilst travelling to Newport on business. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Newport.

• Stayed: May 2014
Michael O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Loyal Guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind words concerning your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Newport.

It is always a pleasure to hear good feedback concerning our hotel and I am pleased to read that you will return to stay with us when you are next in Newport.

Kindest Regards,