“Recent stay”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Newport
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Recent stay”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We recently stayed here and were very happy with our stay. The hotel is clean and comfortable, the food is good, especially dinner which was excellent. The staff are friendly and helpful -- we needed to change our booking on two occasions, this was done quickly and efficiently. We stayed at the same time as the australian cycling team, this caused us no disruption as the hotel coped well and the team were quiet and respectful. Thank you

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Newport and with the knowledge that you have enjoyed your stay.

We are proud supports in hosting many cycling groups that use the excellent sporting facilities in Newport and i am pleased that this long staying group have not interrupted with your stay or impacted your stay.

I would like to thank you for your kind words and I hope that you choose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
Swanley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

It's the first time I have stayed in a Holiday Inn as we usually choose Premier Inn and it was lovely. Will definitely be staying again next year when we go to Speedway at Cardiff. Rooms very clean, bed extremely comfortable with choice of soft or firm pillows and bathroom clean also. Breakfast was one of the nicest we have had in hotels recently, good choice of hot food (scrambled eggs to die for!) and lovely continental as well. Staff also very helpful and attentive, nothing was too much trouble. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I am extremely pleased to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your first stay at the Holiday Inn Express Newport. It is always pleasure to gain another valued & loyal guest.

To know that you have always used our competitors and are now considering changing your loyalty to our brand is excellent!

We continually strive to improve our service and gain new custom and I thank you for your kind comments and kind words concerning our hotel.

You are more than welcome to stay with us again in Newport during the Speedway event in 2015, I and my team look forward to greeting you again.
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was a business booking and I arrived at 9.30 pm. The welcome and introduction by night manager David was one of the best I have received in thousands of business hotel stays.

My room was of good quality and very clean, with 2 larger than single beds, lounge chairs and everything that was needed for a comfortable night. It reminded me more of a Marriott room in quality.

Breakfast was inclusive and had a decent choice.

I have 2, personal minor criticisms. Firstly, the liquid soap dispensers, more often found in more basic quality hotels (Travelodge, Premier Inn) did not reach the quality of brand that I would expect. Secondly, there was no bacon at breakfast time, although the range of yoghurt, fruit, scrambled egg and sausages was ok.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Steve,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete your recent review on the Holiday Inn Express Newport. Our team members continually attempt to provide 5* service each and every day and I am pleased to read that you were extremely pleased with your welcome from our night manager David.

The IHG Welcome standard is a key focus for our hotel for us to ensure that we anticipate all of our guest needs and supply them with the information that they require.

Furthermore I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the amenities we provide and the bacon at breakfast, Holiday Inn Express brand is continuously reviewing our products and services in order for us to provide the best service possible.

I hope that you return to stay with us in the near future.
wales
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Perfect ! Well done Holiday Inn !
My first stay in a Holiday Inn Express.... First class room which gleamed and twinkled it was so clean and fresh ! A really comfortable nights sleep in air conditioned comfort.
Everywhere looked and felt clean. Check-in was fast and simple, wifi signal brilliant.
Breakfast selection was surprisingly limited but nevertheless enjoyable though the small dining area got very very busy and noisy.
Will definitely start using Holiday Inn on a regular basis.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Michael O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your extremely positive review concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Newport.

We take extreme pride in our cleanliness standards and I am thankful that you have commented on the high levels that our housekeeping department continually provide. This is testament to the award of Housekeeping Team of the Year for 2013 which was recently rewarded on the annual awards evening.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to gaining another valued guest to the Holiday Inn Express brand.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great welcome and very helpful receptionist, requested mattress topper, spare duvet just dumped in room, we had to unmake bed add duvet and remake, didn't understand why Housekeeping didn't do this! Room clean and basic, good shower and towels soft but not enough tissues and no body lotion. Breakfast excellent, plenty available constant topping up and staff cleaning, very friendly staff. Shame toaster doesn't toast the bread.
TV very good, free WiFi. Will definitely stay again.
We had noisy neighbours opposite, Australian Track Cycle Team, here training for the Commonwealth Games, had to complain at 1am. They were visited and then all went quiet.

Room Tip: All rooms identical
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Michael O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review, all reviews are important to us as it allows us to continually monitor and develop our business to the needs of our guests.

I am pleased that my team were able to assist in adding better comfort to the bedding for you, however may I apologise that they did not complete this task in full, I will ensure we follow through with request promptly and efficiently in the future.

May I also apologise for the noise you experienced during your stay. The hotel is currently playing host to the Australian National Olympic Cycling Team in preparation for the Commonwealth games in Glasgow.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to greeting you as our guest again in the near future.
Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Although close to motorway and main route to Cardiff rooms were quiet. Hotel was very modern, clean and although we had dodgy tv the staff moved us immediately to another room with no issues.

A bit out of the way for any night life, there is an excellent pub the Dragonfly, right next door. For those not wanting to drive the buses to both Newport and Cradiff stop nearby.

Staff pleasant and friendly. Breakfast was nothing special but nothing wrong with it and better than other hotel chains

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Chris,

Many thanks fpr your review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Newport.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased to read that my team reacted immediately when you came across a problem with the television.

With regards to our free breakfast we are continuously looking for ways to improve our standards of our breakfast and your feedback along with others enables us to do so.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again in the near future.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Holiday Inn Express does what it says on the tin, but it is the staff that make the difference they are great, friendly and helpful. Only complaint was that they had run out of bananas at breakfast, but it was very busy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay with us.

It is always pleasurable to read another guest has enjoyed their stay so much.

I continually impressed and overwhelmed by the positive feedback I receive regarding my team members.

Once again thank you for your review, I look forward to hopefully greeting you as a guest in the near future.