“Glad we stayed!”

Ranked #14 of 39 Swansea B&B and Inns
Surrey
“Glad we stayed!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I booked The Coast House for 2 nights as my husband and I were meeting up with some of his family who live in the area. It was only my second visit to Mumbles and we could not have been better positioned. I checked the reviews again just before we went and I was very worried by some of the negative comments. So much so that I almost cancelled our booking! My husband travels widely and I knew he would not be happy if where we stayed was not well kept. However, after a five hour drive we arrived in beautiful hot sunshine. Our room at the top overlooked the sea which glistened before us. The room was light and well aired with open windows and lovely bed linen. Nothing was unacceptable. Maybe the shower wasn't a 'power shower' and the bathroom was very small compared to what we are used to, but it did what it said on the tin! Everyone was friendly, we had a lovely breakfast with fresh fruit, nuts, cereal etc as well as being offered a full English if we wanted it. We had a really lovely stay and will return again in the future. Thank you.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor facing the sea (room 5). However, owing to the extreme heat last weekend...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank crumblina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
worcestershire
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Plus points fab position right on sea front, nice hot breakfast, must admit bit of a stale cooking smell , we were in room 2 where the bathroom is in a seperate room what a PAIN, tiny dripping shower , no hand soap .....we were told that ohhh dont worry there are dressing gowns on back of the door for nipping out ...there were non, room inbetween the bathroom so had to check the coast was clear then pop out, real pain in the night...room in need of a good ole spruce up, not decor looked nice and fresh just lack of proper cleaning ie... 2 empty bottles of wine and pack of condoms in cubard , and build up of dust on drawers....rather dissapointed.

Room Tip: not room 2 if you donr want to be streaking over landing !!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank daccusWorcestershire
buckinghanshire
Reviewed 23 April 2013

we made our decision to stay here based on advisor review and pics on its own website. As soon as we went in the front door my opinion was set. The stale kitchen smell and dark stained ill fitting carpet up the narrow steep hallway did it for me! I really wanted to leave when I saw the room but felt that was too rude. The website makes the rooms look almost boutique not the case in reality. We had room 6 on the top floor dismal an tired. Just very disappointing. the owners have made an effort with coordination colours etc but decor not done to a good standard. and things starting to look tatty Seemed clean until I looked for a socket for my phone charger behind bedside chest. Peeling wallpaper and at a thick layer of dust. There is a mirror over the chest of drawers which is too low to stand and dry your hair but use the only seat provided and the mirror is too high. Parking awkward and limited we had to pay to park. Shower room OK.
On the good side people were friendly breakfast was good service attentive. Bed soft but comfy Pub next door was good. Don't eat at the "good" italian restuarant overpriced average food with little ambience
we would never return to this place or reccomend to anyone we know.

Room Tip: other rooms may be betterr avoid room 6
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ilikeniceplaces4
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Stayed there over the Easter weekend with my family, good points, nicely decorated, near to everything, very very clean, lovely breakfast which really set us up for the day, made to feel very welcome and absolutely lovely views. Most importantly excellent value for money. Only two improvements, decent showers and a king size bed would have made it perfect, was a real struggle getting a good nights sleep in a tiny bed!

Room Tip: Views from the rooms at the front are best.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MariaT11572
West Sussex UK
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I stayed here with my family for 3 nights over Easter
We all thought that the hotel was great value for money, clean, warm, cosy and a great breakfast too. Lots of choice for continental option and any hot items cooked to order all came out piping hot and perfectly presented. Good quality ingredients too
It is a great spot to stay, close to lots of great restaurants
Out of the Blue
SA3
Patricks with Room
The views are spectacular across Swansea Bay and it is not far to drive to some wonderful beaches and loads of stunning scenery too
A little gem of a place
A huge thanks to all concerned

Room Tip: No tips all are Ok as it is a small B&B
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RoseWestSussexUK
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the coast house at Easter weekend for 2 nights. The location is great, easy to find along the main coast road and some free parking available on the the road. Room was warm, light and comfortable with beautiful sea view. Our room had an external shower room, but we had a key for just us to use it so was fine. Breakfast was excellent, home made quality cooked breakfast served to you. Worth noting they do ask you to pay cash or it's 3% extra credit card charge. Homely and pleasant rather than luxury, but all clean, friendly and excellent value.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Julia D
undisclosed
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a relaxed hotel/b&b with location being a must then this is the place for you. It's a stones throw from the promenade and sea beyond!

Downside is size of bathroom with a trickle of a shower...takes about 10 minutes to warm up and then about another 5 to get wet! However, the small en-suite was very clean and modernly decorated which was nice.

Room was spacious enough for two.
Bed slightly too small for my liking but then at 6ft 4ins tall I was expecting this.

My wife and I didn't have breakfast as we left early but I imagine the morning staff were very friendly...

Friendly welcome, a bed was needed, job done.

Yes, I would stay again!!

• Stayed March 2013