Review Highlights
Amazing

We had an amazing day with Simon, climbing at the three cliffs. Thank you to Simon who spent time... read more

Reviewed 29 October 2018
Pukka85
via mobile
Personalised Sea Kayaking Trip

It was easy to book online with a quick response and confirmation. Follow up emails ensured we... read more

Reviewed 30 July 2018
Stuart1810
Chepstow, United Kingdom

All reviews sea kayaking rock climbing oxwich bay great fun simon knots neath abilities tailored abseiling skills rocks coast instructor
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

A few days ago we spent the day in Oxwich Bay kayaking. Simon met us in the car park and was friendly from the off!

We were provided with wetsuits and waterproofs as well. I would recommend bringing old trainers as they will get wet and sandy too.

There were single kayaks and double ones as well so if there is a weaker member of the group you can team them up with a stronger one.

We out on the water from 10am till about 3 in the afternoon and it was great fun! We started off by testing our skills by weaving in between various rocks on the side of the bay which was challenging but rewarding.

After that we headed all the way along the bay and did some kayak surfing which involved catching waves and riding them in which was so much fun and not too difficult.

We then headed over to Torbay and had lunch on the beach before heading on to Three Cliffs Bay for a photo.

After all of this we made our way steadily back to Oxwich and had a laugh splashing each other with paddles. All in all we all had a great day and would recommend it to anyone!

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank willdc123
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We decided to explore the Gower coastline by sea and found Gower Adventures via Google. They have had very good reviews and we weren't disappointed. Just back from a lovely day at sea in the company of Simon Fenton. First class tuition, excellent equipment and very good value indeed. We were a group of mixed abilities and Simon quickly appraised us, offered instruction and gave us confidence, without too much hanging about, or letting us get cold. We were quickly exploring the rocky coastline at the end of Oxwich, before we paddled across the bay to Three Cliffs - stopping for lunch along the way. And the sun even came out. Couldn't have been better. Thank you.

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank Hammythehamster
Reviewed 5 December 2016

I booked a days rock climbing for my son's 11 birthday and we had a fantastic day and can't wait to go back in the summer. Simon was our guide and he was excellent and tailored the day perfectly for my son and the other boy that was on the course. He was very friendly, very good with the boys and the adults and very flexible. I also felt that it was extremely good value for money, having researched several other companies. Next time we are in the Gower, I will definitely be booking with Gower Adventures!

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 9 November 2016

This is the second time I've been caving with Simon of Gower Adventures, and I can't wait to go again. Simon had hiked the intensity level from my first trip, so there is always a level to aspire to/something to learn. He ensures everyone is comfortable with what's about to happen and that you know what to do in case of emergency. With caving there is a lot to learn about the geology of the site which is always fascinating.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank Suzanne W
Reviewed 23 October 2016

My girlfriend and I planned a last-minute trip to Swansea, and decided to book a climbing trip with Simon. He was incredibly flexible and tailored the trip to our wants and abilities. He's a wealth of knowledge on both the area and outdoor activities. It felt like we were climbing and talking with a friend. If you're in the Gower Peninsula I would highly recommend a day out with Gower Adventures!

Date of experience: October 2016