“Dissappointed”

Got a photo?
Add it.
CJ's
Cuisines: British, American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neath, Wales, United Kingdom
“Dissappointed”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I visited this restaurant tonight, a Saturday evening at 6 o'clock when the restaurant was pretty empty. There was only two of us. The service was ok but not good. We were asked twice if food was ok bit not offered dessert after our meal or any more drinks. The food was very average. Nothing to write home about, not good enough for me to return I'm afraid! And my pet hate- when we paid at the bar the barman took our money whilst having a conversation with two guys that were perched at the bar. Soo rude!!! Not recommended.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Paula E

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Cramped, Noisy and couldnt wait to leave!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We were invited out for dinner here for a relative's Birthday. We were a party of 20 that were seated on 3 tables with some of the party sat back to back to each other with no room to move. In order for my partner to sit opposite me i had to pull the table towards me for him to get in, I had no room to eat or cut my food, I couldnt even cross my legs, It proved impossible to even attempt to get up to get another drink as this would of meant disturbing the other 3 people on my table eating to stand up away from the food unabling me to get to the end of the table, seats were so uncomfortable I had back ache all through the night causing me to have a sleepless night, athough the server checked with the party organiser if everything was ok, no-one else in the party was asked. there were no starters i liked so chose to have an extra of garlic cheesy bread instead what i received was a burnt cheese bagette piece. My steak was not cooked to my specification's as requested, The noise was literally unbearable. Just too many people booked into a small venue, with our party and including other partys booked, sorry but if you cant cater for this many - Do not take the order! I was unable to hear or hold any converstion with the person sat opposite to me 3ft away and really could not understand the point of having a DJ in the corner ?? There is no where to stand let alone try to dance and it only contributed to the noise of people trying to talk over the music, Couldn't wait to leave the venue and get to my hotel. Would never go again!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank smatthews_12
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Very good lunchtime treat”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

My son and had a great meal,we had the two courses for £9.95 great value,we had the ribs to start and the pork steak and sirloin steak to follow, the homemade BBQ sauce was fab.I wish that there had been a little more atmosphere but is was Saturday afternoon.

Swansea
“Awful, unorganised, shambles!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Booked this restaurant for a works Christmas party. I had never been to this restaurant but there were quite a few people in the group that recommended it. We were a large party of around 50 people so therefore gave the restaurant our pre order in advance to speed things up on arrival.

There was actually no point in the pre order. I spent most of the evening directing the staff to put each meal where. The waitresses form of communication was to literally scream at the group! The starters were served about half an hour after we arrived and didn't finished being served until about an hour later! The restaurant was advised that we had a bus picking us up at 7:30pm which gave them 2hrs 30mins to serve us our 3course meal. They didn't manage it! We had to postpone our bus and didn't have time for dessert. One of the starters (breaded mushrooms) was served still FROZEN! When I told the manager, he told me that there was nothing wrong with it and it was meant to be like that. I am no expert but I'm sure mushrooms shouldn't be served frozen in a restaurant. It was an absolute shambles, the restaurant was unprepared and I was annoyed that I practically had to do the job of a restaurant manager even though it was my Christmas party.

When we confronted the manager, he took no responsibility for the by now spoilt evening. He just blamed the waiting staff. When we confronted the waiting staff they blamed the owner and said that he didn't have a clue and should never have booked us in as they couldn't handle such large parties.

It was an all round very disappointing evening and I most certainly wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone, especially larger groups.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Samow
“Good food at decent prices”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Are at CJ's tonight in the mumbles. Great menu choice and good quality food. Service was pretty good. I would Recommend

• Visited December 2013