“family meal”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #506 of 730 Restaurants in Swansea
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

first time eating here and it was a very positive experience. The food was delicious and the service first class, very friendly and efficient. Definitely be eating there again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've eaten in numerous Denny's across several states in the USA and bar one restaurant in Miami, it's always good food and a great service. This is the first in the UK. It needs a little finessing food wise....but the diner itself has a nice atmosphere. The waitresses were efficient and friendly. Coffee was served immediately and top ups were constantly offered. The menu is scarcer than the US...but again hopefully that will get better in time. A tad more expensive than the US too taking into account exchange rates, which isn't good. But overall I'm glad to see it's arrived and hope they open more around the UK because when they get their feet under the table so to speak, and it looses the teething problems....it will hopefully become another institution to rival other similar chains with its normal huge diverse menu.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went to Denny's on the 14th June. As a group we were looking forward to a good night out. Waitress came to take drinks & food orders. We ordered a rea which was stone cold. Then I Ordered Steak Chips. My wife built her own burger. After an Hour & 10 minutes meals started to arrive. straight away faults were found. My wifes burger was cold & greasy. Also were the chips. Not even presentable. MY steak was just about edible. I was hungry so needed food. My wife had pancakes instead. But alas they tasted of salt & were inedible she tried hard to eat them but no chance. The waiter & manager really apologized they were in a difficult position having to hear 8 complaints. They are servers not the cooks. We were given my wifes meal free I just paid for mine. A very disappointing night. Sorry but we wont be returning & advise others not to.

4  Thank John N
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My son treated me to a Fathers' Day visit to Denny's and it seemed very popular as we had to wait 30 minutes for a seat which is usually a sign of a good eatery. However, after seating the food was a long time coming. Son and granddaughter had burgers which they enjoyed BUT very expensive at £11 and £10 respectively.
I had "Supreme Skillett" --served on a hot skillet----which consisted of a few cubed saute potatoes, a hint of spinach, one sliced small chipolata, 4 tiny cherry tomatoes and melted cheese -- just a little! The thing was £9 ! awful. and a milkshake at £5! It was rubbish and I can't see how people queue to spend that amount of money for trivia. Or maybe they never been there before!
Also the sweet potato fries had to go back as they were cold.
The server, Chloe was excellent and I can see they are rushed.
Will make sure we go to a local trader next time for less than half the price!

2  Thank Ray H
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My wife and son had pancakes I had a sausage bacon toast thing the name of which escapes me. It was really nice with a slight maple flavour.

I also really enjoyed the hash brown.

My wife had the plain pancakes I think its probably more sensible to go for the fruit or blueberry pancakes as it was a little plain although they were very light and fluffy.

Service was a little slow but not terrible it took about 30 mins for food to arrive.