“Do It Yourself...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swansea
A Space in the City - Swansea
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This is the fourth time that I've stayed at Excelsior Apartments for business trips. Arrangements to get keys have always been smooth - no staff actually 'on site' - although a Sunday evening arrival means that you have to collect keys from a shop near the Marina.
Once inside the apartment, you have everything that you will need. Bedrooms well-furnished - if not plush - and open-plan sitting room and kitchen area (in 2-bed apartments) are comfortable and well-equipped. Bathroom is ...well, a bathroom.
If you are looking for something a bit different which offers comfort, convenience and value for money (flat rate regardless of how many stay), then Excelsior Apartments get the thumbs up. I haven't stayed in the Marina Apartments, but suspect that they will be very similar in set-up.

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed for a short 2 night stay as a last minute break before the school holidays finish. We had two small kids in toe and booked last minute.
The apartment we had was in Meridian Wharf and was an absolutely massive 2 bed apartment. Lovely sized bedrooms with superb sized living room/klitchen and a balcony big enough to seat 4 and a table that looked directly down onto the marina where all the expensive yachts were moored. My son loved watching the yachts going out in the morning and it was great to relax with a bottle of wine when they'd gone to bed and sit out on the balcony watching them come back in.
Our apartment was situatied in the SA1 new(ish) marina development and there was a conveniance store near by that had us sorted for supplies for our short break. We went to the LCS swimming complex that has lots to do both for swimmers and also rock climibers, surfers and smaller kids a large soft play area - but the LC2 is a bit expensive.
Back to our apartment and we couldn't fault it. We were even given a mobile wifi deveice for the internet which we didn't know we would get (should have taken the laptop) !
great stay and would stay again if I could get the time off work !

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2010

I stayed here end August to beginning September when I was there on business. The flat is in a new-ish block and is conveniently located just round the corner from the High Street and facilities such as a large leisure centre and a 24 hour Tesco. I was met and greeted by Laura who was very friendly despite it being quite late (traffic was v bad coming out of London) who took pains to show me everything including where I needed to go in the morning, where the shops were, and explained that the internet "could be fiddly" (it was - I did not make it work, one of the only bugbears about this place). The bedroom was extremely comfortable and in fact I got a call a day before I arrived to check if I needed anything extra like more pillows etc. In fact my business in Swansea only took a day but it was worth paying for 2 nights (you do have to pay up front) and I felt much more relaxed with being able to have plenty of space to work, cook my own breakfast and pour my own bottle of wine in the evening. Thanks to Stayin the City - but please, do, do sort out the internet!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2010

The South Quay site is ideally situated: a short walk into the City centre and lots of lovely eateries; Sainsbury's nearby; the Marina and beach on the doorstep; but a lovely quiet setting. Weekly cleaning done to a high standard and the equipment level in the property make it a real home-from-home. The staff are all very helpful & friendly. Recommended without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2010

These are self-catering apartments, only newly built, located on the corner of St Davids Place and Princess Way. Apartments are mostly residential; natives were very friendly.

Meeting up in the street on arrival, in cars in a busy city location, can be a little confusing when you are driving, but the young lady was very helpful and informative. Car park access and the location of the building did not match the postcode in Tomtom or Multimap; confusion could have been avoided by giving the postcode for St Davids Place.

Car park is managed by Gleeful Clampers; so be extremely careful. I saw a resident's vehicle unfairly clamped, with no recourse. Expensive and vile! Could ruin your stay.
Car parking is one free, underground reserved place per apartment. There is a multistorey over the road.

Apartments accessed by lift at all levels. Easy access to road or car park.
I rented two apartments. Everywhere was very clean and comfortable. Plenty of towels provided, more on request, no extra charge. Kitchens, bathrooms and showers worked well although I had to tighten up a shower cubicle door hinge to stop it flooding. Some minor deficiencies in crockery and utensils but nothing life threatening.

No food shops adjacent but a large Tesco just 3mins drive away and lots of little snack places across the road by the old docks.

I would certainly use again.
Malcolm, Warwick UK

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2010

We booked a one bed apartment in the city centre, but were offered an upgrade by the new waterfront development - a two bed apartment at south quay which was excellent. The apartments are finished to a high standard, very clean, and have a parking space. The rep who met us was really helpful. Would definitely recommend. Better value than a hotel if you're a family, with the added bonus of more space and a self-catering kitchen.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family