“Service was second to none”

Swansea Marriott Hotel
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Swansea
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Service was second to none”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Last week I visited the bar and enjoyed a rather delicious meal. I was served by a charming young gentleman, Morgan, who was incredibly efficient and couldn't do enough to help me. I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Enjoying-a-rest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
perth
Reviewed 20 March 2014

On the 11th of March 2014 I took a group of students from Gower College Swansea for an educational visit to the Marriott Hotel Swansea. All the students in the group have mild to moderate learning difficulties and needed to research job roles within the hotel industry.
Daniel Spink Leisure Supervisor was extremely supportive and attentive towards the students.

During the visit there were opportunities for the students to interview staff members and we were also able to do a tour behind the scenes. This was an invaluable insight into how the hotel manages it day to day operations.

Daniel had also arranged refreshments of cold drinks and freshly made cookies which the students loved!

I am very grateful for the support from Daniel and the Marriott and look forward to returning to the hotel in the near future.

Sarah Leakey
Lecturer - Independent Living Skills

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PerthSparkler
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Good big room - v. American, 2 double beds, good desk, good lighting for working in (as opposed to trendy modern lighting that looks good but is totally impractical), and good comfy bed. Breakfast was great - smoked haddock and poached eggs !

Only niggle - charging for in room wifi in this day and age ?!!! Come on...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank mwrussell2013
Cardiff
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stay in a lot of hotels, and quite a few different Marriott hotels yet the Swansea Marriott left us checking out a night early after a poor sleep in a noisy hotel with small beds. This hasn't been the experience we've had at other Marriott hotels and was a disappointment. The bathroom surfaces were also stained and could do with a good clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Thom H
mgwynne, Director of Sales at Swansea Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
We sincerely apologise for the inconveniences that you experienced on your stay at the Swansea Marriott Hotel with the noise and uncomfortable bed. We use your valuable comments to prevent this to happen again. Our goal is ensuring our guest’s satisfaction; unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. We would like to regain your trust and hope to see you again in the future.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

What a wonderful experience.
I have stayed in hotels all around the world, so am used to a wide range of hotel service

I was therefore thrilled by the level of personal service provided by the Marriott Swansea.

I wish I had taken the name of the duty manager on Friday/Saturday 28th Feb/1st march - he was wonderful. Nothing was too much to ask and every request was delivered by unusually cheery staff - I am not sure who is training them but the effect was universally delivered by concierge, housekeeping, bar, restaurant and management.

I will definitely stay there on my net trip to Swansea

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a beach view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blackhampete
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Very clean, excellent service the staff are very friendly and professional. Had a leaky window in the room we checked into (the weather was atrocious) a quick trip to the reception and we had our room changed straight away with no problems. Sky sports in the rooms and the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Parts of the hotel are a tad dated and the bar area leaves much to be desired. Had breakfast in with the price of the stay which was excellent I was expecting just a continental breakfast so was pleasantly suprised when we could have a full English. Check out is 12 o'clock which is great. I'll deffinitely be looking out for the Marriott in the future

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Slickman1
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This review is about the restaurant as we did not stay in the hotel.

I go out once a month with 'Ladies that Lunch' and we like to occasionally try somewhere new. We thought we would go to the Swansea Marriott Hotel in Wales. The Restaurant venue was on the ground floor and had part views over the Swansea Marina and their own garden. We were lucky to actually have a sunny day and it was delightful to look out of the window. The restaurant was clean and you felt quite at home. The service was excellent and their Menu Choice was hard work. I say hard work, as the group found it hard to choose, as the menu was so inviting and I for one took ages to decide which of the 5 choices I could not have. We also thought we would only have 2 courses but once we saw the dessert menu we could not help ourselves. On all courses you could eat every day of the week and not have the same thing twice. Prices were for one course, two courses or three courses. The three courses came to £13.99.if you had a Swansea Loyalty card you could have a glass of free wine. The free wine may change in time but the meal was excellent and we had different things to eat so we could see what each course was and there were no complaints at all. Apparently they change some courses around each month to give regulars some different choices.

I would definitely want to go there again and I am sure my group of friends will be more than happy to accompany me. Good value, good service good prices.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends