“Clean comfortable room, good location”

Swansea Marriott Hotel
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Swansea
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Myself, my husband and 15 year old son stayed here for one night whilst visiting family in the area. Easy to locate with a free carpark. Reception staff were friendly and efficient, our room had a view over the marina and bay. Two double beds in the room, clean and comfortable, bathroom also fine. The breakfast, buffet style, was tasty with plenty of choice, the chef prepared american pancakes for my son which he enjoyed. The staff again were very helpful. There was a wedding celebration at the hotel but it did not disrupt our stay. We would definitely stay here again, much better than the Morgans hotel we stayed in previously.

Room Tip: Our room was on the fourth floor facing the marina and was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandycheeks2014

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Location - next to the tallest tower in Swansea, you can't miss it. Plus it is signposted from the main road.
Carpark - large and free for residents. Reception is easy to locate from the carpark.
Welcome - the staff were extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming. We were processed quickly and pleasantly. The staff looked and sounded as though they really enjoyed their jobs.
Room - double room on the top floor, overlooking the bay. It was clean, comfy and a reasonable size. The bed was large and provided a great nights sleep.
Gym and spa - situated behind reception, the pool is small but warm, the hot tub could fit 7 or 8 people. The sauna was nice, pool side and could fir about 6 people. The pool side gym had four machines, free weights and a ball - downside was it was very hot and humid, and it was next the pool. Remember to take £ coin for the lockers. Towels provided by the reception.
Dinner - we were going to eat out, but couldn't get a table at our restaurant of choice, so we ate in. The food was fabulous! Not at all what we expected from a chain. It was a real treat. Waiters were good aswell.
Breakfast - great selection of hot and cold, with chefs on hand to cook some items fresh for you.
Check out - easy and polite.
Would we go back? - if we are in the area, it would be our first choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the bay on the top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

In the bustling Maritime Quarter on the enchanting Swansea Bay, the Swansea Marriott Hotel captures the charm and beauty of its Gower peninsula surroundings. A gentle stroll to the city centre complete with its lively markets and attractions, surrounded by the very best of Wales' golf courses, a short distance from the Liberty Stadium and Ffos Las Racecourse the Swansea Marriott Hotel has appeal for all. Experience a superior level of service and the warmest of Welsh welcomes. Our spacious guest rooms offer supreme comfort and functionality. Make use of your in-room workspace, before unwinding in our Leisure area, with mini gym, pool, whirlpool and sauna. The hotel restaurant serves local produce complimented with fine wine, which follows through to our extensive room service menu. The Swansea Marriott Hotel has an impressive Conference and Banqueting facility, complemented by expert catering. Whether you're on business or a relaxing break, the Swansea Marriott is the ideal venue.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed in a superior double room with views over the Marina.
This hotel is in a top class location near all facilities and restaurants.
Previous comments suggest that people expect Dorchester level of excellence at rock bottom prices.
Hotel is functional and very clean and is very good value for what you pay.
Service excellent, friendly staff and a very high quality breakfast go together to make this a very pleasant stay indeed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

What a great friendly hotel, especially the night team!!! A special mention to Steve who was the duty manager on the night of my arrival. I arrived late and nothing was to much trouble. Thanks for making my stay a very pleasurable one. The breakfast was amazing value for money.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Alan E
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Good location in the town and wonderful reception but falls down badly on the simple basic of a hotel, ie a comfortable bed. I had 2 doubles in my room, neither fits to sleep in, sit down and you bounce for 5 mins, Coupled with pillows so thin there is hardly anything in them hard to sleep at all which is the least you expect from a hotel. Add no aircon and a window that barely opens, pay wifi not free, and a tiny, poor excuse for a bar and I am back to the De Vere next time I am in Swansea

Room Tip: Try the De Vere
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank lbrach
Michael D, General Manager at Swansea Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to express your views on your recent stay at the hotel. I was disappointed to read of the negative factors around your stay and offer our apologies that this detracted from an enjoyable visit.

I have taken your feedback on board and will share with our team to ensure we put plans in place to ensure there is not a repeat in future.

If you would like to discuss your review further, please do feel free to contact me directly at the hotel on 01792642020.

Thankyou once again for your feedback

Yours Sincerely

Michael Downie

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Absolutely gobsmacked after a recent business stay at the Swansea Marriott. I purchased a one night stay via Expedia at an online discounted rate of £119 a night. A mere £10 saving from booking through their website.

I had rang the day before to enquire if their gym facilities would be appropriate for my training needs, they weren't!

The manager I spoke to told me not to worry and that the hotel have a deal with the nearby fully equipped L2 sports centre! Great I thought .....

Upon arrival everything checked in ok. When asking the receptionist about access to the L2 he proceeded to tell me that this service was only available for 'full paying' guests, and as I had booked through a full party I would not receive the same treatment as a guest who books through the website.

Seriously ..... When did discount price mean discount service!

I told him I would not have booked this hotel had I known this as this was the catalyst for my booking!

He spoke to his manager who said he would make a special exception! Wow ..... Thanks!

I was sub-sequentially located In what must have been the worse room in the hotel! Bottom floor, next to the tradesman entrance, dated, mouldy bathroom. Nothing like the hotel website photos!

I also ate I'm the hotel .... Wrong move!

A limited menu, catered to what can only be described as chunky Americans! Not one remotely healthy option available! Not what you expect from a top branded hotel!

Disappointed. Won't he staying again. Go to the Devere village a few minutes away! Better rooms, service, full gym and more variety of food choices!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank SDMReviews
mgwynne, Director of Sales at Swansea Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay here at the Swansea Marriott Hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the error on our communication in regards to the LC.
All corporate guest can get access to our membership and I can only apologise that this was not offered to you.

With regards to our bedrooms we can take requests and if on a future stay you would like a high floor sea view room this can be arranged and where possible and guaranteed.

I can assure you that your comments have been taken on board by our frontdesk team and shared with our management.

I do hope that, despite this incident, we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.