Swansea Marriott Hotel
  • Pool
Beachcomber(Swansea)
  • Breakfast included
1,097 results
All reviewstwo double bedsmarina viewrestaurant stafffourth floorcar parkpublic areascity centrefree parkingwedding receptionreception areastayed here for one nightsea frontreception staffpoached eggslovely locationbreakfast was excellentsaturday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2014

So thankful for another amazing stay here, and request for a sea view granted. (Can also access beach from hotel, or sit at table outside and view ocean. All staff friendly, helpful and polite, looking forward to next visit soon.

Room Tip: Can request view of marina or sea
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Tried 2 different rooms. The sinks in the bathroom smell so bad, you really cannot leave the door of the bathroom open. Every time you use the sink the smell hits you hard and you want to run out. They have come to pour bleach in the sinks, but that helped for 5 minutes. The beds are very uncomfortable. The hotel is saved by the breakfast they offer and friendly staff. I am sad to say that this is the worst Marriott we have stayed in. The gym is inside of the pool. They are not separate from each other. There is high humidity when you work out. Workout facility is extremely small and crowded. The good news is that is the weather is nice you have the beach to exercise. We stayed for 4 nights. We came due to conference at the University. Swansea is a lovely town.

Room Tip: I have not seen other hotels by the beach in Swansea. There are bed and breakfasts though. I have no idea what to recommend. Maybe you could bring DRANO and a competent plumber.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria T
Michael D, General Manager at Swansea Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the hotel, I was disappointed to read that there were several aspects of your stay, not up to our usually high standards, which I apologise for.

Please rest assured, we are looking into the elements of your feedback to ensure there is not a repeat in the future.

If you would like to contact me to discuss any elements of your stay further then please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Yours Sincerely

Michael Downie

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several times over last twenty five years . It was originally a Holiday Inn . It never fails to please . Super staff , great rooms . leisure centre with pool and jacuzzi . Wifi free all over hotel . Secure parking in front of hotel . I find it difficult to fault this hotel . I thick Marriott should send some of their
managers in other locations to get a glimpse of good service. They could use this as a template for excellence

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shayron N
Reviewed 6 June 2014

taking my niece back to swansea uni chose the marriott as an up market stay in swansea
staff very friendly and efficient, room was comfortable and clean, breakfast was great, choice and quality
excellent, we had one evening meal which was very good .
All in all a very good hotel to stay in swansea

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Myself, my husband and 15 year old son stayed here for one night whilst visiting family in the area. Easy to locate with a free carpark. Reception staff were friendly and efficient, our room had a view over the marina and bay. Two double beds in the room, clean and comfortable, bathroom also fine. The breakfast, buffet style, was tasty with plenty of choice, the chef prepared american pancakes for my son which he enjoyed. The staff again were very helpful. There was a wedding celebration at the hotel but it did not disrupt our stay. We would definitely stay here again, much better than the Morgans hotel we stayed in previously.

Room Tip: Our room was on the fourth floor facing the marina and was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family