Mercure Swansea
US$119
  • Pool
The White House(Swansea)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$168
US$152
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Premier Inn Swansea Waterfront Hotel(Swansea)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$85
US$82
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewslovely lakebusiness parkretail parkan industrial estateliberty stadiumplenty of free parkingcity centrepool and gyma bit tiredpleasant stayrestaurant staffbuffet styleweekend breakthe ground floortea and coffeefamily roomcooked breakfast
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We used Mercure as a base for 2 day visit to the area. It is abased in the middle of a commercial area and so at night there is nowhere to walk around and you will have to travel by car/bus to nearest town or into Swansea. We took 2 Dutch friends and it proved a good base with excellent communication links via roads. I don't recognise the description of the rooms in other reviews. Found them clean and tidy. Breakfasts were buffet style and fine. Drinks were a little expensive but no more than other major hotels. We were assisted by one of the room cleaners, 'Tom' who was courteous and friendly and only too pleased to go running around for some tools required to help with my motorbike. A good stay with no problems re nosie etc that others have mentioned.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the rear and away form reception.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Ian H, General Manager at Mercure Swansea, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Dinnis N,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, and glad to hear that overall you and your Dutch frends enjoyed your stay. I shall also pass on your comments to Tom in Housekeeping, who like most of my team here is asmashing lad.

Ian H-Jones

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel is fine for short stay but if you want a good night's sleep you might want a more comfortable bed with a mattress that doesn't spring out at you each time you turn over. My bed was not the only one to experience this. Food was good service too. Hotel rooms need an upgrade - very 1990's and dark. I was given one hand towel for two people and when I asked for another they obliged explaining one towel was normal policy!

• Stayed: June 2014
Ian H, General Manager at Mercure Swansea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Ornotholigist,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are on a rolling program of replacing all of our beds and over 80 % of our rooms now have a new bed (last 12 months) and we anticipate all beds being replaced by the end of this year. Please accept my apologies that you had issues with your bed, and if you could let me know the room number you stayed in I shall ensure that this rooom is put in the next batch for replacement in August. With regard to towlels, all rooms are set for 1 but there is a spare set of towels in the wardrobe of ecah room and our reception team should have explained this.

Many thanks for youir review.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Was checked into room 112 not only did it instantly have a smell to it but there were marks all over the wall paper and chips on the wash basin giving it sharp edges
When I went to open the window it couldn't open and also the window shelf was so dirty I had to go and wash my hands
Went to reception and asked to change rooms and was given 114
The room was slightly better but again the window did not open and the window shelf was all broken and cracked with insects on the shelf
The toilet was not that clean
I then went to the bar area where they had no bottled water so had to go to tesco
There are far better hotels in the area that are clean and I do not blame the staff here they can only work with what they have but this hotel needs upgrading and a good clean and it is all good and well for the general manager to say in here they are often inspected etc etc your best inspector is your paying customer and on this occasion my report was dirty room and toilets and dirty windows and window shelf it doesn't matter what score u had in past it's my stay that counts to me
Having read the responses to many reviews on this site I would kindly give some advice to the hotel less excuses and more action and if you want to see clean rooms with clean windows and clean shelving go to the dragon hotel or the premier inn or the ibis if they can all do it why cant you

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear SteveWales 44,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and rest assured the points you raised will be addressed by our housekeeping team.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here on June 24th - and in short wasnt a bad stay.

Car park was excellent - with plenty of spaces - so thats a win

Check in was friendly and efficient and had me on my way to my room in minutes.

Upon opening my room (249) one hell of a smell hit me - mould/damp/pee. It was horrendous. Also bear in mind this hotel has no air conditioning in the room, but luckliy i could open the windows wide and it was a warm day. Had it been a raining day - would have been horrible.

I tracked the smell down to the bathroom, and closing the door resolved the situation.

The room itself is lovely and large, with a huge bed - 2 singles zipped together - was pretty comfy too - no complaints there.

The furniture is a little (ok a lot!) dated, but it was clean and tidy so wasnt an issue. The TV in the room was rather small however - esp as it was positioned a far distance from the bed.

One major plus was Mercure have free wifi everywhere - not just in the lobbies. They should be commended for this as far to many hotels (looking at u here Holiday Inn chain!!!) charge excessive amounts for connection.

Breakfast was fine the next morning - nothing special, but definately had everything one would need.

Would go back again - but would prefer to go somewhere a little more modern next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Ian H, General Manager at Mercure Swansea, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Ursicles,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, and glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and would return.

With regard to the smell in the room, we have nwo tracked this down to a leaking pipe under the bath that was saoking the floor board, and this combined with the heat caused the musty smell. Please accept my apologies as our cleaning staff have noses too, and this room should have been put out of order until this smell was investigated and resolved, though in fairness the room hadn't been occupied for 3 previous days, so possibly smell nuilt up in that time.

All resolved now, and i shall pass on your good comments regarding service you received to the team.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here for one night due to my work running a training session the next day.

As people have already alluded too, the hotel needs a little modernisation and you can hear people walking up and down the corridors as the floorboards creek somewhat.

Sadly cannot comment on breakfast as stayed in bed as long as possible!! (bed was comfy)

Very Friendly staff

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Ian H, General Manager at Mercure Swansea, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Petetong 75,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel, and glad to hear that you found all our staff to be very friendly.