We chose the White House because it is within walking distance of both the railway station and the university (15 minutes). The owners were really helpful in suggesting places to eat out, and in providing a map for our walk to the campus. It is a grand house, furnished elaborately, and with luxurious bedrooms and en-suites. Breakfast offered a wide range of self-service choices, including fresh fruit, cheeses and cereals, with cooked options prepared to order. We selected the smoked haddock (delicious) but there are plenty of veggie choices too. If we return to Swansea, we will return to the White House!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you at the White House, ideally situated for the bustling City of Swansea,the picturesque village of Mumbles, gateway to the beautiful Gower Peninsula and the University. Awarded 4 stars by both AA and Visitwales, all rooms have Free WIFI, Flat Screen TV, Generous Refreshments Trays and Comfy Beds! As well as a great selection for Breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White House Hotel Swansea
- The White Hotel
- White Hotel Swansea
- The White House Swansea, Wales