“Fab fantastic wonderful”

Steak By Night
Ranked #60 of 643 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: British, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Fab fantastic wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have been going to steak by night for years and years. In my opinion it's the best steak house in Swansea. Always value for money and the food is always perfect. If your not a lover of chips like me then you have to try the sweet potato fries they are to die for. The garlic bread is the best I have had and so are the garlic mushrooms. The peppercorn sauce is amazing not too peppery but very creamy. The staff are all lovely and can't do enough for you. You never have to wait long to be seated or served. I would recommend anybody visiting swansea to give steak by night a visit you won't be disappointed

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank s_edwards37

“Always a food experience ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Love steak by night, never have I had a bad experience there. The staff are friendly and will help in anyway possible. The garlic bread starter is always a must when visiting here, and the pepper corn sauce is the best around by far.

4 Thank Toni-lee M
South Wales
“Yum yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have been wanting to visit Steak by Night for ages, but always felt it had to be 'at night' so we seized the opportunity after an evening performance at the Swansea Grand Theatre. The restaurant was as we expected, a good old fashioned steak house. The steaks (T Bone and Ribeye) were juicy, tasty, cooked to perfection and thoroughly enjoyable. The pepper sauce was one of the nicest I have had, the peas were scrummy but sadly I have to add a negative - the chips. I am seriously considering starting a 'campaign for real chips' ! Why oh why do restaurants use these horrible, frozen chips with a hard, dry coating and totally tasteless. Sorry, but 'less fat' doesn't come into it, if you are going to have chips, have chips! So many restaurants insist on serving these awful things and it really spoils the meal, especially a steak meal. I was pleased that the serving of pepper sauce was so generous as both of us used whaat I didn't put on my steak to moisten our chips. Apart from that it was very enjoyable and we will return when we find ourselves hungry, in Swansea 'at night'.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank sagsSouthWales
Treharris, United Kingdom
“Late night steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We always seem to end up here after a great night out in Swansea.Situated just of Kingsway in the centre of swansea sits Steak By Night.Open until about 4 in the morning,this place comes in very handy after a good drink and you don't fancy the usual Indian,Chinese or kebab.The steaks are cooked to perfection and are very tasty.Give it a try,you will not be dissappointed.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank brent k
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Late Night Carnivore's Delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Tucked away on a quiet street behind the hussle and bussle of Swansea's Kingsway is this little gem of a restaurant! It has a late serving licence so this made it perfect dining for myself and my partner after watching a live band in a pub not far away a few weeks back. The service was wonderful and all the staff are friendly and welcoming. The menu had a good variety with reasonable prices, but we wanted a steak so that's what we had! I didn't have much of an appetite at the time, I was feeling a little tired and sunburnt, so asked for the children's 4oz version. This was ample enough by the time you add the extra onion rings, chips, peas, sauce, and bread! The taste was delicious, cooked to our liking, and the peas had an unique buttery taste. I would definetly be going back there in the near future, and go for the adult portion!

• Visited July 2014