“Enjoyable and interesting”

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Enjoyable and interesting”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Visited here with my young children.something for us all to enjoy although my favourite was listeningand watching the blacksmith. He was so interesting and it was good for me to see how things are made.theanderson shelter was also interesting as my eldest had tomakea replica for school project.very beautiful area.thankyou

• Chinese (Traditional) first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Something for all the family”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We visited here whilst Medieval week was going on with a nine year old and an eight month old and spent the afternoon here. We've driven past so many times but the weather has always been better on our holidays to the Gower and we've headed to the beach. This is a great alternative. Make sure you take the guided tour of the mill - it really brought the whole thing to life. The tour guide made it interesting for our nine year old and let him try hand grinding. Our baby loved looking at the animals and there are lots of chickens and goats allowed to roam free. There are lots of displays and talks going on and we found the blacksmiths display really good. We had our baby in a sling which was the best option as there are quite a few stairs and although you can get about with a buggy it was so much easier without it! I read some of the negative reviews about how old and dirty it is here, you have to bear in mind this is an ancient working mill and there has been a mill on this site since the 12th Century. I would definitely recommend a visit and wouldn't hesitate to go again.

Swansea County, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant fun!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I came here with my two young children and thought it was brilliant! My kids loved it too ha! The deal for a cream tea for £1.50 extra on top of the entrance fee was brilliant! A scone, bara brith, welsh cake, jam and clotted cream was a steal for £1.50 when it's £5.95 alone!

My children loved the animals, puppet show, bouncy castle, toy tractors etc.

Only negative really were the toilet facilities, they really could do with updating...i wasn't massively keen on changing my baby's nappy in front of everyone as not everyone appreciates seeing and smelling a stinking nappy when they're queing up for a wee or washing their hands. There also wasn't a bin for such a nappy.

We will be back again very soon as had a brill time.

Penarth, Wales, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nice way to spend a few hours”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Spent the afternoon at the Gower Heritage Centre and was not disappointed. Loads of exhibits to explore and plenty for the kids to do from glass blowing to pottery. Great to walk through the animal enclosure and have goats, sheep and horses walk amongst you. The staff were excellent and very knowledgeable. Looking forward to heading back again soon.

Evesham, UK
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Perfect for a rainy day. Free guided tour was the highlight.”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

A quaint attraction built up around the site's ancient water mill. The guided tour of the mill was far and away the best bit of our visit and without it we would've found the £22 family ticket overpriced.
The kids loved the animals in the outside area (especially the goats and feeding the trout).
I was looking forward to sampling and buying some of the Mill's cider but no-one seemed able to locate any so I left with my money in my pocket!

1 Thank DenimGeek