“Lovely Ambience”

Swansea Grand Theatre
Ranked #2 of 10 Concerts & Shows in Swansea
More attraction details
Owner description: The Grand Theatre in Swansea has a wide variety of shows and exhibitions for everyone to enjoy. Footlights Cafe is open from 11.00am to 3.30pm on performance days (closed on Mondays), and Footlights restaurant is open from 5.00 pm on performance days until 11.00pm and has full access for wheelchair users. Opening times - Monday to Saturday: 9.30am - 8.00pm (9.30am - 6.00pm on non performance days)Sunday: Open for one hour before performances
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Bright and cheerful entrance; comfortable auditorium with clear views.
Spacious bar and helpful staff.

1  Thank Josi P
in 6 reviews
"acts"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent a very cramped few hours here as they've got no space between your knees and the row in front. If they space them out a bit it will be great as the decor is lovely and shows very good.

2  Thank Sue E
SwanseaGT, Public Relations Manager at Swansea Grand Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of the theatre. We understand that for some people the leg room is quite restrictive in some areas of the theatre, it is always advisable to ask at time of booking if you require extra room.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Do not sit in the first row of the balcony. There is no toe room and legs will be very cramped. Toilets were fine. Loved the show which was easily booked online.

2  Thank purcellstravel
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The show we saw was awesome 'family planning by Frank VIckery',the theatre however is in a terrible state: terrible toilets, worse seats I've ever sat in in my life this place needs a massive overhaul,take a look at the millennium centre or the princess royal theatre Port Talbot, they've got a cheek to charge what the do!!!!

2  Thank Raransara
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was my first visit to Swansea Grand Theatre and they gave me a night to remember. I had booked tickets to see the hit musical Dreamboats & Petticoats as a treat for my partner Helen. I am a wheelchair user and so eligible for a Disabled Concession and I was pleasantly surprised to be told that Helen's ticket would be free as she was eligible for the Wheelchair Companion Concession.

We arrived at 7pm and parking was so easy directly opposite the Theatre. We made our way in and collected our tickets at the Box Office. This venue is stunning. This is the first time I have been in a building apart from a Hospital where a wheelchair user has total access to everywhere. On making our way to the Stalls we were greeted by a very pleasant young man/usher and shown to our seats.

The show was absolutely fantastic and the atmosphere was electric. If you do nothing else in life go to the Theatre to watch a good show, its 100 times better than watching the best movie at the cinema. I highly recommend Dreamboats * Petticoats. People got up and were dancing in the aisles to well known 50's & 60's hits.and this just added to the evening's entertainment.

To sum up:- A fantastic evening out provided by Swansea Grand Theatre and their excellent staff. The Customer Service Helen and I received was just perfect. You may think £20 - £30 for a ticket to be expensive but believe me it is well worth the money and since the theatre is in the heart of Swansea why not make an evening even more special by treating your love one to a meal before the show and/or a drink afterwards.

A big Thank you to the staff of the theatre and a special Thank you to Swansea Council for the ticket concessions.

1  Thank Tom-R-Weaver

Thank you so much for your lovely review. This has been passed on to all the staff at the theatre. We look forward to welcoming you back to see another show in the not to distant future.