“Almost there”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Charming, friendly staff and a warm welcome. Lovely bread & olives to begin with, and good menu. Generous portions of beautifully cooked food, and very nice bottle of Chilean red. Next time, we'll ask the staff to leave a pause between courses though. A little over-attentive and rushed - but could be a gem.

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The food was delicious. Starter was one of our tables best he'd ever had (cockles). Mains were great, mine was the veggie option, would have preferred more than one option but it was lovely. Dessert was amazing, I could have drank a glass of that creme anglais. Staff were great, attentive but not over fussy. Would definitely come here again.

1  Thank Cat_KM
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I booked this restaurant for my 50th birthday party and had the most amazing time. The food was to die for and service was second to none. I cannot praise this place highly enough and the staff were amazing. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I came to Tapestri with my husband for an evening meal the day before Valentines day. The only negative is the location, its not going to get any passing trade as its hidden away and not easily accessible from the kerb - you'd hardly know it existed if it wasn't for the excellent word of mouth ... The reviews really are correct. The service was great, very attentive. The menu was great. Locally sourced food which was extremely tasty, especially the cockles and laverbread. I cant fault the food. The wine was also great - I had the welsh sparkling wine. We will def be back, great food, highly recommended!!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Hi, this is the first negative review I have written. I have always sorted any issue with the owner of restaurant or hotel if occurred.I tried with the staff of Tapestri, but to no avail.

I had booked a meal their on the evening 23rd December, 2013. My parents were staying with us and we had all eaten there before, so had asked if they could again.

However, at 7pm of the 23rd, I received a phone call from Tapestri to say that they could not accommodate us due to over booking. The meal was booked for 7.45pm. I stated that it was quite late to phone with this news, why could it not have been done earlier? There was an apology from the staff member, but could do nothing about the situation.
Fortunately, after phoning Vincent's, Sketty, they could fit us in.
I went to Tapestri a few days later for lunch and informed what had happened and received another apology from staff member. She stated that would have a word with the manager to sort something out due to inconvenience caused, and would phone in me in a few days. I am still waiting for the call!
I have eaten at tapestri quite a few times previously and always had really good meal and service. Unfortunately, this event has tainted what had been a very good dining experience.