“Just serve what's on the menu!”

Towers Hotel Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #114 of 717 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed for one night on a business trip. My room was in the tower itself and there was no lift! The carpet was stained and the toilet would not flush. The maintenance man fixed it but within an hour the problem re occurred. I ate in the restaurant and ordered anti pasti (mixed meats with mozzarella and sun blushed tomato). The meat was fine but no sign of any mozzarella or tomatoes. The chef thought that leaves and shaved parmesan would be fine instead! - very poor. The main course (sea bass) was OK but sauté potatoes are apparently small chips! Say no more. The Baileys and chocolate torte has no taste of Baileys at all. Don't stay unless you are happy with very basic food and don't mind being 'surprised' by the chef!

1  Thank Neal148

Reviewed 10 August 2014

It was a special family birthday meal in the restaurant.
The server was very efficient in supplying all guests with menus upon their arrival and allowed us plenty of time to peruse while she attended to our drinks orders.
The menu choices sounded quite appetising and I chose the cockle and laverbread for a starter, I love cockles but rarely have them these days as the better -half does not like the look or smell, she played safe with the garlic mushrooms, or so she thought.
There were 10 in our party and we all put in our orders to the same server. However, the time we waited for delivery of the food to the table seemed a very long time.
The garlic mushrooms were the biggest disappointment among those who ordered them, three button mushrooms per serving and everyone commented on a lack of garlic.
My Cockle tartlet and a cluster if 5 cockles on one side and the pastry was incredibly hard, I have had better laverbread in less lavish surroundings.
One of my favourite dishes is Steak Rossini, usually served with an 8oz fillet of beef, so seeing this on the menu was a no brainer. My better half ordered one of the specials as did four other members, a braised steak with roast and garlic and rosemary boiled potatoes.
One again we had a very long wait, the waiter who delivered my meal slammed it onto the table causing the knife handle to slide though the Madeira sauce, no apology offered.
The steak was very small and thin, I asked for rare to medium; however, the server said either they did rare, medium or well done, so I plumped for medium, it arrived well-done medium and very dry.
Those who waited for the specials were even more disappointed, the roasted potatoes had a strange taste and hard in the centre, the boiled rosemary and garlic potatoes were cold and again lacked any garlic.
Considering the cost the food was of very poor quality and content and the service very slow.
Over all a very expensive night out that should have been special, it was but for all the wrong reasons.

1  Thank Chris19541108
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here for a night and found the spa and the staff were excellent. The room was excellent . My evening meal was excellent but my wife,s evening meal was too greasy for her to eat so we did complain to the Manager who apologised and sorted it out. The cooked breakfast was again excellent . We would most definitely return to this hotel for a spa break.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Having been to the Towers for our retirement do in sept 2012 and an Abba tribute we thought that it was time we visited again for a reunion anniversary celebration. We decided on the Owen Money act and boy were we in for a treat . He's a great act and we thoroughly enjoyed. The carvery we had before he show was very nice as well as was the desert. All in all a very enjoyable night .

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was our 3rd visit to the towers as I love Swansea & had been told 'they would look in to previous comments' my husband is ever the optimist!! 1st visit last year we had accommodation with evening meal, the meal was bland, breakfast was good but the choice of lunch time menu was poor as everything was deep fried do ended up at the nearby garage. 2nd visit was just room, the toilet hadn't been cleaned & there were eyelashes in the bed, told reception they offered a free upgrade on next visit hence the 3rd visit. 3rd visit 2 nights with meal 1st night again my husband booked for my birthday. They offered an upgrade on 1 night as there was a wedding next night. My husband also booked a fruit platter in the room bcos we like to eat healthily & the menu doesn't accommodate this. We arrived to no upgrade at all & no fruit platter. Meal was again average, I had a steak which I have to admit even though a bit fatty was very nice but with as mentioned by another guest deep fried frozen chips, grilled tomatoe & boiled mushrooms? Which completely overshadowed the lovely steak. Again was husband was told to mention it but again nothing!! It's such a shame because the staff are lovely, although the breakfast manager could smile occasionally.