“very tasty”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very tasty”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

As I am not normally a fan of Tapas I was a bit worried that I wouldn't find anything I would like to eat, how wrong was I! We were within a large party and with prior arrangement with the owner she had kindly prepared us a vast selection of the menu and brought the food out freshly prepared and at regular intervals throughout our evening which meant we could relax and have a drink whilst the tapas kept coming. I don't normally eat calamari as have always found it chewy and bland but I can safely say I ate two bowls of this calamari, it was lovely and light and crispy, not stodgy or chewy, the veggie meatballs are amazing and so tasty. You can tell that everything is handmade/prepared and not out of a packet. The staff were very friendly and keen to please, there is a laid back atmosphere but to be honest I think that is how tapas bars are meant to be in Spain and it makes a change from the impersonal aloof service received in some of the larger Swansea restaurants. It is nice to see an independent restaurant opening in Swansea, I shall definately return and have recommended this restaurant to my friends.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank princesslisa80

Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, vege meatballs a highlight! Reminded of Spanish holiday!”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Enjoyed the food and ambience so much on my visit to El Faro. The food tasted fresh and delicious, and I loved the Vege Meatballs! Very friendly service from the staff, which made for a comfortable, and relaxed evening. Overall feeling of authentic food and relaxed atmosphere. Thank you! I'll be back next time I'm in Swansea.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“A lovely Tapas bar”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Was a really enjoyable experience, food was lovely and the whole dinning experience was informal and friendly. We would definiately go back when we are in the Mumbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“El marvellous”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

A lovely chilled evening, with wonderful fresh food and great atmosphere, will be returning soon

• Visited May 2012
“Warm and friendly”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This nice eating place fills a much needed niche in Swansea and Mumbles. The food is delicious, the staff are very friendly and helpful and the surroundings are very pleasant and welcoming. Prices are reasonable too.