“Luxury with a friendly and relaxed atmosphere”
Review of Morgans Hotel

Morgans Hotel
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Swansea
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay - it is a 4 star hotel with a 5 star feel, and thankfully lacks the pretentiousness of some 5 star hotels. We stayed in the Cambala room, 1st floor to the side of the building so nice and quiet. Lovely room, luxurious bathroom with a huge bath and double shower head - and nice Molton Brown toiletries. Soft towels and bathrobes were appreciated also. Bed was so comfortable I wished I could take it home with me! The staff in the bar and restaurant were very friendly and courteous - I have to single out Matthew, one of the waiters who was exceptional. Food was excellent - from the olives in the bar, to dinner and breakfast, they use high quality ingredients and everything was cooked to perfection - the chef clearly takes pride in his work. The only thing I can think of that could improve the room would have been a few coat hooks or a coat stand, as unfortunately it rained throughout our stay and there was nowhere to hang wet coats! But that is really a very very minor thing and not intended as a complaint in any way. The hotel is also nicely situated just a few minutes walk away from bars and restaurants but far enough away to still be very peaceful in the evenings. The hotel car park is also just in front of the hotel and secure. We would definitely return to this hotel and highly recommend it to others. P.S. About the townhouse, it was just across the sidestreet which our room overlooked, a very short distance across a narrow, quiet road - not sure what all the fuss was about from people who had to walk over!

Room Tip: Cambala Room on 1st floor at the side of the building was very quiet - very little street noise and...
1  Thank TwoOfADifferentKind

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I booked Morgans hotel for my husband and myself. From the time we arrived the welcome was lovely . Our room was really nice plenty of room and spotles and we were upgraded to Sketty Belle We then went down to the bar lounge . All staff so helpfull and polite. We then had a lovely lunch Fresh sandwiches & cofe lovely to relax in a nice atmosphere. Later then we had booked the restaurant for evenning meal. First class food from start to finnish. Had a lovely night sleep bed very comfortable a bit of noise outside early hours from people walking down from night clubs but it all soon quiet down.
We then woke to find paper we had ordered and to finnish we had the most special tasty breakfast we wished for even cockles and laverbread. Outstanding experience and we will definately return . Highly recommend to anyone so central for everything and a safe carpark all locked up peace of mind u car will b safe . Many thanx to everyone at Morgans Hotel.

Room Tip: First floor definate
1  Thank Linda J
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I'm still in my room writing this being kept awake all night by what sounds like wood hitting / flapping against the air conditioning which is right above the bed. Seriously not happy! Should have stayed across the road at the premier Inn. This banging is driving me nuts! :(

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Trancetopia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed here on football business The rooms are all individual with lots of character and high ceilings Massive beds great linen and towels Breakfast was freshly prepared The cooked breakfast is top notch A terrific Bar/Lounge serving many different draught beers It always had a great buzz about it and was busy throughout my stay The staff were excellent very warm and welcoming and went the extra mile
Would definitely recommend

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank aubryralph
Reviewed 18 May 2014

On my birthday, splash out a bit courtesy of my darling missus. Booked a one night stay in the 'Glen Gower' room in the prestigious Morgans hotel in Swansea.
The building is an old Maritime building on the edge of town near the marina. Walk five minutes over the bridge to SA1 and a few marina side restaurants, two minutes the other way and you are in the 'Wind St' Swansea where there are loads of bars and restaurants. The room in the hotel was the biggest I have ever stayed in. Queen size bead with couch at the end with a coffee table and a 50" TV. A double bath and a shower that had two shower heads and was the size of a lift that could take 8 people and his and hers sinks. I think you could have had a good game of badminton and still not hit the ceiling. It was an experience. Beers and snacks in the secluded courtyard (small but cosy) vast selection of wine and cocktails and a good few beer selections too. Excellent service from friendly and knowledgeable staff. Free parking. An a breakfast that was in my opinion 'right-sized' with tea coffee toast and cereal. Truely a lovely treat and one that will be repeated. We chose to eat out as the sun was shining, but I know the food would be spot on too.

Room Tip: View the rooms on line before you chose, some just across the road from the main building....
2  Thank Gexxie
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great hotel in a great location. Be aware there is the main hotel in old building and town home building across street. I am in alpha room with individual entrance across street in other building but the room is wonderful with 4 poster bed and fabulous bathroom and it's very big and very comfortable. There is no room service and I have to cross street to get to breakfast, but that is fine with me. The hotel is a great location for walking along the water or exploring the pubs of Wind street. Lots of options. There is currently construction on the roads round the hotel, but it causes no problem at night. If it gets hot, AC is a standing fan in the room corner, but I have been using the heat this week. This is a Windy City!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 11 May 2014

For me Morgan's is a great combination of high quality bespoke accommodation and great service. I stayed in a number of hotels in Swansea in the 12 months that I was working in the area. Nowhere else provides the quality and personal service plus a unique building with each bedroom, both in the main building and the townhouse, differing. The residents menu changes daily.
Overall, Morgan's provides a refreshing change to the major hotel chains yet provides all the modern facilities.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business