Morgans Hotel
  • Free Internet
Beachcomber(Swansea)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsthe main hotelmolton brown toiletriesflying cloudmini bardouble showerhalf pricetraditional breakfastboutique hotelmain barlovely hotelthe ground floorhuge bathroombeautiful roomcocklessunday nighthotel barwedding party
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel is a great place if you're visiting Swansea for the Gower. It's also at the heart of Swansea's night life with loads of bars and restaurants. The rooms are excellent and the breakfast was very tasty.

Room Tip: Try and get one of the newer rooms in the building across the street.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014

It was disappointing to stay at the highly hyped Townhouse across the road from the main building, it felt like an annex to the beautiful main hotel and that indeed is what it is. However, it seemed to all my party to be reminiscent of a pack packers hostel. Carpets in all public areas heavily stained and smelly. Poorly maintained.
I understand that there are planning difficulties with the exterior of the building, but our room had no air conditioning ( that you might expect from a 'boutique' hotel) and when I told the receptionist that sleeping had been difficult due to the lack of fresh air as the windows would not open, I was told that I should have asked for a fan. When I informed her that a fan had been provided, I was met with a dismissive comment that 'it would have been nice to be warm', again to be fair, it was a very warm night, but this comment was not helpful. I was not offered any redress.
In the bathroom, the lighting should have been brighter. The decor of the bathroom reminded me of Hannibal Lector's cell. This was the 'accessible' accommodation, which was adequate.
Tea and coffee provisions were only adequate. The only outstanding part of our stay was the breakfast, which was very good.
Overall, definitely not worth the money or stress. This was Premier Inn standard at over hyped prices.

Room Tip: Stay in the main Hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn L
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times now and each time it leaves us wanting to go back. We stayed in the Henry Belle room which like all the others are individually furnished, however this room features a 4 poster bed,Huge TV and an impressive large bathroom with a massive walk in shower. The bar area is a hive of activity with a great selection of wines and champagne which are all reasonable priced. The location of this hotel is very central with all bars and restaurants within walking distance. Would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a boutique city centre location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is my third family related trip to Swansea and to Morgans... it is always a nice change from the tiny hotel rooms in London - the rooms have all been spacious, bright and clean and the bathrooms luxurious. This trip was no different. So, if we need to make another trip to Swansea Morgans would be our first choice. However, some things need attention - there were cigarette butts around the entrance to the Town House building, the carpet in the hallway needs a good clean and breakfast was not the special affair we remember from past visits... And, given it is my third trip there, it would have been nice to hear "welcome back".

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1772_on_the_road
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I had lunch in Morgans today with some great friends. There were 8 of us in the party and we all had a fantastic meal and felt it was great value. Two courses for £9.95 and not one of us was disappointed with our choices. All the food was beautifully cooked and presented. I had soup to start, that was so tasty and lamb for main. The meal experience was enhanced by the efficient and helpful staff. I will definitely be back and while this review will appear on the hotel page Morgans offers an additional excellent restaurant option. I would definitely eat in if I were staying in the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends