“1st class” 5 of 5 bubbles

Morgans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Swansea
“1st class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Once again totaly brilliant stay at morgans hotel!! The room was one of the best we have stayed in and had the instant wow factor!! Had the sunday 1/2 price deal and would have paid full!!

We went with the intention of having a night out in swansea but when we seen the room we didnt want to leave so stayed in and ordered room service, also had a couple of dvds from the hotels collection, nothing was to much trouble for the reception staff!!

We will definately be staying again soon!

1 Thank Karen D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We always stay in Morgans hotel while in Swansea, Food is always great, rooms are stunning and the atmosphere is relaxed and intimate. The champagne bar upstairs always gets my wife's attention lol. See you next time Morgans!

Swansea County, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My partner and I wanted to treat ourselves to a night away, i must say I was more than happy with my stay at Morgan's. From start to finish we enjoyed every moment, the staff were all brilliant and the food was super! Would recommend this to anyone, I certainly will return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We were visiting the area to play golf and chose this hotel for the overnight stay. The reception staff welcomed us and showed us to our room. The room was nicely furnished and well presented but not very large. The en suite was extremely large and well equipped with a large shower and a separate large bath. Dinner was included in our room deal. The menu was limited but the quality of food of the food was excellent and complimented by a good choice of wines. There was a good choice of cooked breakfasts which were all freshly cooked. Check out was also dealt with very efficiently. The hotel is centrally located and we had no problem getting a space in the hotel's carpark. All the staff we met were very friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend this hotel and will use it again if we are in the area.

1 Thank SimonandDenise
Port Talbot, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Love staying in Morgans,the staff are always so friendly,the food is always of the highest standard,the rooms are amazing, the shower in the John Bright room is bigger than my own bathroom at home and the atmosphere in the bar is so relaxed. And in a perfect location to. What more could you want.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Shane M
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed at Morgans for two nights to attend graduation. The hotel is well located and although our room was not in the main hotel but in one of the buildings across the road, it was comfortable and well furnished with a wonderful bathroom which was spacious and spotless with a great shower. My only gripe was that I found the bed really uncomfortable. The mattress seemed to have a dip in the middle and was too soft and I felt like I was sleeping on an incline which was not great. Otherwise, we had a pleasant stay and breakfast in the main restaurant was delicious and very efficiently served by James, who was very friendly and helpful. He is definitely a credit to the hotel and a great example of customer service. Definitely worth going to again but next time I would like to try one of the rooms in the main building. The bar was very busy due to the graduation parties but it all added to a buzzy atmosphere which was nice.

Room Tip: Probably best to get a room in the main building.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank SW612
Morgans_Group, Manager at Morgans Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Many thanks for your lovely review of Morgans. I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed with the friendliness of our staff, in particular James in the restaurant. I will certainly pass this feedback on to James and the rest of the team.
I apologise that you did not find the bed particularly comfortable as we usually have great feedback in this area. It sounds as though you may have had one of our twin rooms but were possibly missing the mattress topper which prevents the “dip in the middle” effect. I will raise this with housekeeping so thank you for the feedback.
We are very pleased to hear you had such a pleasurable stay over the busy graduation period and look forward to welcoming you back to try a room in the main hotel in the near future.
South Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Ok I think I'm a regular here, have been five times since 2011 to stay and various afternoons in the bar.

Yesterday my issues were:-

1-Bar, patio and all public rooms absolutely rammed full of people. As paying guests we struggled to get a seat. Most people were non residents having afternoon tea and hen nights.

2-chef had to be asked by a member of staff if we could have a bar meal at 4pm, again we were hotel residents.

3-Alpha room in the Townhouse was ok but not wow. Looked tired and in need of love, had to phone reception as no tea bags in room.

4-mechanical sound, like a pump or lift every 30 seconds in the room. Very clear loud noise. No noise from outside road or passing people just this bloody mechanical sound.

I'm no wall flower I raised these concerns with reception in the morning, all credit to the young lady she said she will upgrade us on next visit to a room in the main hotel. Thus is why I scored a 3.

Think I will avoid Saturdays in future as I like to chill in the hotel bar for a couple of hours before hitting Wind Street. Shouting at my partner over the noise is not really relaxing.

Stayed July 2014
Morgans_Group, Manager at Morgans Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our hotel.

I understand you stayed over the particularly busy graduation week which is a huge event in Swansea due to the size of the university. This appears to have contributed to your experience of Morgans on this occasion with all of the public areas being busier than usual.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding your room in the Townhouse, I have not been made aware of any unusual noise prior to this review so will certainly look into rectifying that if it is still occurring.

I am glad to hear you voiced your concerns to reception and we will certainly be happy to honour the upgrade on your next visit.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback, and for your continued custom. We look forward to welcoming you back to Morgans in the near future (although maybe avoiding graduation week).