“Perfect perfect perfect!”

Cuisines: Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Absolutely love this place! Visit here a number of times every year for various reasons and every time is wonderful! From large group bookings to intimate meals with my partner the service is always fantastic. A family run business with a flair for serving consistent and quality food every time. The menu hasn't varied too much over the years but don't let this put you off, great food cooked perfectly 24/7 is far superior to fancy worded dishes that disappoint. I highly recommend the lamb shank that just melts off the bone!
Bev does a wonderful job, is attentive and more than accommodating. Carl and Leighton alternate as chef's and both are brilliant at producing fab dishes. Atmosphere is always welcoming and cannot fault this place....roll on for summer evenings dining in the garden!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Been to lunch a Bizzie Lizzie again today with my husband and my grandchildren. As usual the food was delicious -- good choice, lovely presentation and friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Carl and his team work so hard to provide the ultimate dining experience. I would go so far as to say it beats my own home cooked Sunday lunch. I can highly recommend this little gem -go and try it for yourself!

2  Thank cpiper1
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I go to a number of restaurants in and around Swansea, but I keep going back to Bizzie Lizzies, just because of the quality of the food. All the dishes are so well cooked, the presentation is lovely and the prices are very favourable. My current favourite are the ribs starters, the pork, and the sticky toffee pudding. I leave on Sundays knowing Ive had a proper meal.
I went to a Marco Pierre White restaurant in London a couple of weeks ago, which was fine, but certainly no better in food terms than Bizzie Lizzies, although the price was very different of course. My Wife who is more probably more discerning than me felt exactly the same.
The service is friendly and informal.I went there for Valelntines night which was packed, and delightful, and Im going again for Mothers Day. I love these quirky independent places.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My Daughter and her partner took us to this basement restautrant on a recommendation. Glad to say that it delivered in every way. Quirky retro decor with old products, signage etc and a lovely garden sun trap that will be open for dining as soon as the weather improves. Food was superb, with a choice of four starters and main courses from a chalk board - my freshly made brocolli and stilton soup was delightful. We had one of each, pork, guiniea fowl, turkey and lamb shank from the mains. Accompanied by fresh roasted potatoes and parsnips and a novel way of serving cauliflower, brocolli, peas and carrots in a greaseproof paper package :) Veg cooked to perfection, full of flavour and texture. My lamb shank fell from the bone and was succulent and full of flavour as were all the other dishes. All complimented by the home made gravy boats and a selection of sauces ; mint; cranberry etc .. Good Shiraz to accompany the meal with freshly made sweet selection followed by good sized teas and capuccionos from the upstairs coffe shop they aslo run. Very attentive service provided us with a great dining experience and an extremely pleasing price :) Highly recommend it.

1  Thank Mike I
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday treat at Bizzie Lizzies . The duck salad starter was delicious, my steak was cooked too perfection .the presentation and decoration of food was amazing. desert s was to die for. we loved the decoration of the desserts as well. The service was faultless and friendly. they all sang happy birthday to me. The waitress gave wonderfull service. Smiley and attentive. the glasses and cutlery sparkling. we felt well and truly looked after. I can thoroughly recommend this place.
well back soon !