“Great for veggies”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Went there with family. They have a halloumi burger or portabello for veggies and wow, the burgers were huge. Had sweet potato for starters and olives again the servings were very generous. The non veggie with us was disappointed with his choice, but then he can eat like Obelisk. Bad points, needs air conditioning and ladies is up 2 flights of stairs

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We went in recently, for a Saturday lunch. Ok, so a Saturday lunchtime may be busy, but the place wasn't bursting at the seams............. We waited 50 minutes for our food to arrive.

When we did get our order, the burgers were nice, but I honestly make batter ones at home. As I was told that this place specialises in burgers, I was a little disappointed.

On a positive note, the atmosphere is nice (after all, it is what you make it), and the salad garnishing was nice.

We may be back in the future, but I think we'll be more likely to go somewhere with a more varied menu - specialist restaurant or not..................

1  Thank JoanneC28
Reviewed 10 July 2013

What a find! Great food, excellent quality and wonderful service. Wine menu had a good choice and at reasonable price.
The bread and olive starter would have been enough for two. I had the sea bass for a main course. Generous portion and gorgeous sauce. My husband had a burger and thought the meat was of good quality. Although in our sixties we loved the decor and atmostphere. Give it try. Really good value.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Looking for a nice restaurant on a Sunday evening prior to going to the cinema and settled on Bloomburger in Swansea city centre.
First impressions were good, the decor is well presented with a casual US theme that is shabby chic but modern and well kept. The tables were clean and there were several customers already eating presenting an atmosphere of a restaurant that would appropriately meet our needs and expected standards.
On being greeted by a hostess we were shown to a table and presented with the menu which outlined a basic and relatively small choice of fare. During our selection process the hostess returned to the table to inform us that the “neither chicken burgers or the chicken wings were available”. This is a Sunday evening, surely the weekend would be their busiest period and I would expect a city centre restaurant to be prepared and properly stocked for an increase in demand, this was not a good start.
With our selection reduced I opted for the Rib Eye Steak and my partner for the chorizo burger. So what we got came as quite a surprise. My rib eye was some off cuts from a cheap piece of beef that contained more fat than meat. This was smothered in cheese which i can only assume was to disguise the poor quality of the meat. This was all pilled upon a mound of fries that could only be described as soggy, re warmed and old. The whole meal was only made palatable by the liberal application of chilli sauce. My partners meal was even worse, she was presented with a burger that had been again re warmed and had 3 pieces of chorizo placed on the top, “this is not a chorizo burger” it’s a burger with chorizo placed on it. Her fires were equally soggy and accompanied by the saddest limp looking garnish I have ever seen.
This meal was poor in quality, poor in content and although reasonable priced was not worth the money we paid. We did not receive a hostess visit during our meal to enquire if we were satisfied and finally when we did decide to settle the bill a very eager young man assisted us only to find that he had no idea how to use the electronic payment system so had to be taught at the table side.;
Would i recommend this restaurant? NO I would not, this restaurant is situated in a street with an abundant supply of other restaurants in direct competition, why waste your time and money in a badly run establishment when you can go next door and receive food and service worthy of your money and patronage. If this restaurant wants to survive they need to seriously up their game.

1  Thank colpro
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Quality food at a low price !!! Crazy as it sounds this food should be double the price, it was amazing, both of my children cant wait to go back and they are very fussy when it comes to food. Service was good and the whole experience was excellent.. well done Bloomburger

1  Thank Stk1980