“Absolutley stunning”

Ranked #3 of 39 Swansea B&B and Inns
Lincolnshire UK
“Absolutley stunning”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed one night at the Mirador and it was one of the best places we have stayed yet. The welcoming was most welcoming even though we arrived at eight in the evening. We were actually upgraded to the Suite which was most amazing. The chill out room was fantastic. We both had a wonderful nights sleep in the huge bed and we watched dvd's from the massive collection. Breakfast was cooked to perfection and there were every cereal you could imagine to choose from. The rooms are decorated to a very high standard and nothing is left out. The bathroom had so many little touches from deodorant spray to razors. Honestly it was fantastic. An absolute fantastic bargain for the price.
Wish we could stay again but we are actually moving just round the corner this weekend.
Please please book a room here you won't be disappointed, I guarantee.

Simmonette & Barry

Room Tip: Just book here its amazing and you won't be disappointed I guarantee.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful place to stay in Swansea. Uniquely and imaginatively decorated room - I stayed in the French room. Spotlessly clean with lots of lovely thoughtful little touches. A friendly and helpful welcome and a gorgeous veggie breakfast for me finished off a perfect stay. Thank you very much indeed Phil and Jeanette. I'll be back and also recommending you to all!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Carlisle
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Back again to the Uplands and the Gower Peninsula, this time for my birthday, gonna have to be good, where to stay???, I know, the Mirador again, this time lets get a suite instead of a room, the Oriental suite looks good, managed to get it booked, arrived, what did we find?

Jeanette and Phil were their usual fantastic selves, always a pleasure to see them. Phil showed us to the rooms, whoa!!! I know what I saw in the pictures but this is fabulous, quite unbelievable, great sitting room, beautiful bathroom and that bedroom has to be seen to be believed, all the usual touches like chocolates and things, free wifi etc.

Breakfast was again a real pleasure, it is nice when you decide what and how much you want, faultless.

If you are travelling to Swansea The Uplands is a great vibrant and friendly area with a fantastic atmosphere and nightlife. Want to stay somewhere a little bit special the Mirador is the place for you, book up early though, you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank PrimalSteve
Stow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Fab host, wonderful experience. Groovy rooms.
Breakfast splendid. Bathrooms clean. Parking can be an issues as its all on street.
I'd stay again. The Egyptian room was quite an experience. Simply quite superb

Room Tip: Choose the Egyptian room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

A bad review I read actually drew me to this B&B, someone said they hated it because there was a little dog running around, well we love little dogs so we thought we'd see it for ourselves! We were staying in Swansea so we thought we'd chose this, not expecting anything great apart from a cute dog. WOW what a place! First thing we saw was the little dog, which was so cute, she was just lovely. We were then shown to our room, we were stunned. It was done out in an Egyptian theme, it was absolutely awesome! so spacious and the bathroom was huge. The place was spotlessly clean too. I was dreading breakfast, B&B's I've stayed in, in the past have had awful food, but again I was amazed. We could have anything we wanted, I'm not joking, anything! I had to pinch myself. We could order in advance if we wanted something they didn't have, there was nothing I could think of that they didn't have. In addition to a huge breakfast there was also a buffet full of cereal, fresh fruit, toast, fresh orange.. everything! The owners were so nice and helpful, they even gave us leaflets on sight seeing. We were only staying in Swansea as a one off, I really wish they had a B&B in Cornwall or North Wales, I'd be first in the queue to stay there, and I'd probably never leave!

The only downside is the parking, with some abusive troll leaving rude notes on the cars, But that's not the fault of the B&B owners.

Room Tip: All the rooms are themed different, whether you want to room in 'Egypt' 'Japan' or...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We kept trying to find fault with this engaging and characterful luxury B&B in the smart Uplands area of Swansea. And then gave up trying. Every little detail has been considered. The doorstep welcome, the extensive and delicious breakfast, the unobtrusive turndown service. The owners were hospitable and friendly, offering advice and a vast array of condiments where either was required! We stayed in the French room which had its own private decking with views of Magnolias in blossom (recommended)... Thanks so much for everything! -T&R

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Great value, funky place to stay.
Lovely friendly, helpful hosts.
Breakfast was fantastic- pretty much all you can eat and ever want and was delicious.
Parking outside on street - but make sure your not in the residential marked parks.