“Good price-quality realationship”

Premier Inn Swansea City Centre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Swansea
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Good place.
Basic room but clean and comfortable with a clean bathroom.

Around 10 minutes to the train station, and about the same to the bus station for going to Gower peninsula.

They have WiFi but it's not free.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Richard G, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Swansea City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Hi,

Thank you for your fair review of our hotel. You have your timings spot on, we are a very central location here.

Also, a big thanks for the update of pictures. Always good to see the room from a guests point of view.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Swansea City Centre Hotel

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Really enjoyed our two night mid week stay with our two small children. We wanted to have some days at the beach and this hotel was perfect for being so near lots of beaches. Staff were lovely. The family was a proper family sized room (not a double with bed squeezed in!). We were very comfortable. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Richard G, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Swansea City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Thank you very much for rating us on Trip Advisor. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay at the Swansea City Centre Premier Inn and that you thought the staff where friendly and helpful, I will pass your comments onto them. Myself, and all the staff look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stayed here again for big swimming competition this time for 9 nights. We were given a good size family room no 317 and experienced liitle or no noise.This year we only used the hotel for breakfast once but it was of good standard. This premier is a favourite and has good friendly staff

Room Tip: 3rd floor no 317
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Swansea City Centre Premier Inn. We take noise issues very seriously here at the hotel and we are glad to hear that you didn't have any noise concerns during your stay. I will pass your comments regarding our friendly staff onto the team. We all look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed there for one night, sharing a room with my sister for a hen night. Very close to the night life and secure when it come to returning from the night out. Two security guards checking your key card. Staff were friendly and up for a bit of banter with the hens. Tried to ensure that the party were as close to each other as possible.

Fab overall experience!

Room Tip: Be as close to the stairs as you can as the corridors are very long due to the shape of the hotel. F...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for rating us on Trip Advisor. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay at the Swansea City Centre Premier Inn and that you thought the staff where friendly and helpful. We take security here at the hotel very seriously and I'm glad to hear that your stay was no exception.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

My family were staying in the Swansea City centre Premier Inn. We've stayed there several times previously because the reception team are great. This time we went to the hotel restaurant and my wife and I ordered steak, my son and his girlfriend ordered sausage & mash and a pizza. Our steaks were very tough and gristly. I held back hoping to see the server and send the steaks back. He was evidently busy elsewhere behind the scenes. We were embarrassed to delay every-one's meals so my wife and I soldiered on cutting out the gristle as best we could. We left 40% of the steaks. When the server reappeared, I showed him and complained. He apologised with genuine concern but explained that all the steaks were like that. He invited me to take it up with management and so I took a photo to show. The following morning I took it up with the manager, who confirmed that it is a recognised problem. He said that I was not the only diner to complain that evening. Of the five steaks served, three received complaints. Another member of the team said that it is very awkward for them because complaints have been made and yet poor quality steaks are still delivered by their supplier. I was given the Guest relations phone number 01582 499534 to speak to a person, but the recorded message advised me to send an email. My email remains unanswered.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Swansea City Centre Premier Inn. Premier Inn endeavour all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment. I'm disappointed to hear the issues you had surrounding your dining experience but we are looking into the issues you had at diner as a matter of urgency. If you still aren't satisfied with how your issue was dealt with. Please contact us anytime on: 01792634940. I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise and thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

excellent place to stay better than 4 star hotel. staff was very helpful and polite. great place easy reach to all famous beaches and bays in and near swansea. also some restaurants are opposite the hotel whcih is handy when you have hungry and tired children with you.

Room Tip: stayed on third floor room was very good for family stay. no noise and ac was working perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
David A, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Swansea City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Swansea City Centre Premier Inn. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

My second visit to this hotel and on both occasions the stay has been excellent. On this occasion I have stopped there for 5 nights on business, Sunday - friday. I paid the extra to have breakfast, which is full English, buffet style. The hotel is in a great location, surrounded by restaurants and bars, and a 10 minute walk to the beach. I've experienced no problem with noise, although I haven't stopped on a Friday or saturday night.
Only one grumble is the online booking process which kept refusing my AMEX card, even though there was no problem with my card.

Room Tip: Stay on Top floor, furthest away from any street noise
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
David A, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Swansea City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Hi there,

Many thanks for your positive review of your stay with us. I'm glad to hear you've experienced no noise in this lively location! Sorry to hear about you're problem with the booking system. I've never heard of a problem with Amex cards before but will flag it with our head office.

Thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards