Premier Inn Swansea City Centre Hotel
  • Free Internet
Beachcomber(Swansea)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewscar parktriple glazingswansea city centrenight lifewind stpubs and clubsquiet nightgood nights sleepexcellent locationfamily roomshort staydouble bedexcellent stayreception staffstayed here for one nightbreakfast was excellentnoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This hotle was clean and comfy prime location wright in the middle of the town ther is several food places In the Same building.
I would recommend this hotel if you are wanting to go to Swansea town or market

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Richard G, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Swansea City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Hi,

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you made good use of our very central location and experienced no problems.

We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Very happy with standard of room and service. Our stay was a Sunday night so had a good night sleep as Wind Street was quiet. It would probably have been different if we stayed on a Friday or Saturday night. But that is the price you pay for such a central location amongst all the bars, restaurants and clubs in Swansea.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank david e

Hello,

Thanks very much for your kind review. Don't be scared off by the weekend however, it's good fun in Swansea!

Hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at the Premier Inn last weekend. I've stayed at many Premier Inns, which have varying ratings (as you can see from my reviews) so here are my thoughts on the Swansea City Centre hotel.

Firstly we stayed for the whole weekend, seeing Arsenal claim three points at the Libery Stadium in the process. The hotel is located perfectly if you fancy hitting Wind Street during the weekend, but again as from the other reviews this is a gift and a curse. We stayed in room 204 which backs onto two or three air conditioning units, so expect a hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm droning through the windows all night if this is your room.

In terms of the room itself we were disappointed. Whenever I've stayed in a Premier Inn twin room elsewhere there have been two double beds, this room had a double bed and a sofa bed which meant one of us was going to draw the short straw and be uncomfortable. Not good enough really! Shower was OK, bathroom was clean and functional but we'll get onto the real bathroom problem later.

We had a few issues during the weekend. Firstly on the Friday the vent in the bathroom wouldn't shut up when we went to bed and stayed on for a number of hours. We phoned reception and nobody answered, so had to put up with this and only got a couple of hours sleep. We mentioned this to the cleaning staff in passing the next day and this was sorted the next day.

On the Saturday night we had a set of drunk lads outside the room, banging the door, shouting and eventually punching each other. Again called down to reception but no response. This took an hour to sort and I'm not even sure security sorted it, I think they eventually found their rooms and went to sleep! Again a disturbed night.

So if you are after a functional stay near the city centre and are prepared to put up with the noise, this hotel is for you. I completely forgot about the good night guarantee and wasn't asked how my night was on Sunday at checkout so have retrospectively written to Premier Inn to claim my money back for these two nights of broken sleep.

I've classed it as "Average" as the room itself was fine, the sleep was bad but I think I would stay here again if travelling for the football. For anything else I would stay somewhere well away from Wind Street.

Unfortunately not a particularly good review but if you have found it helpful please click "Thanks"!

3  Thank obduro

Hi there,

Thanks for your interesting and fair review of the Premier Inn Swansea City Centre. With regards to your room allocation, I'm very sorry to hear of your noise problems. The units you speak of do cause us the occasional issue which we try to avoid as must as possible.

In terms of the bed set up. You will find a lot of Premier Inn hotels have this particular set up. As the rooms are set to sleep families, we don't have the option of two double beds (also they wouldn't fit very well!) This is not uncommon however, so you have been lucky with your previous Premier Inn's!

We do try our very best with internal noise problems. This is a big area that we try to tackle as we realise it can be a big issue in our hotel. Security is pressent for this very purpose as well as half hourly (sometimes more) floor walks to get everyone back into their rooms as quietly as possible. We strive to make everyone aware that we do not take these problems lighlty and care very much about our guests getting a great nights sleep.

I hope you have already been contacted, if not, please feel free to call us whenever possible.
Hopefully for your next stay you won't experience these problems and that Swansea FC will have better luck!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have recently stayed here for one night and it was a very comfortable relaxing night.It was a typical Premier Inn,Nice size room and comfortable bed.I never eat in Premier Inns as I find the food pricey but that's the same in all of them.Even though it is situated on a busy road with lots of bars I did not experience any noise.Definitely worth the £29 I paid for the night and would stay here again.

Hello,

Glad to see you got one of our brilliant £29 offers and that you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry to hear that you find Premier Inn meals pricey, this particular Premier Inn will soon be undergoing a restaurant refurb which we are very excited about, so hopefully you can try out our new menu and see if you prefer!

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

this is a great location for the bars shopping etc, this hotel is a premier inn which offer good prices, we had a great nights sleep good pillows the beds are good too
their breakfast is bit more expensive ,but still good
but you can get a breakfast cheaper out side of hotel

Hi there,

Thanks for your kind review, I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and had a good night.

We hope to welcome you back soon.