“Great Hotel”

Premier Inn Swansea City Centre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Swansea
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Had a lovely short break here - Staff very friendly and helpful and hotel was absolutely spotless. Situated right in the centre of Swansea, so close to the nightlife, shops and train station - Perfect

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Philip A, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Swansea City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Great to hear you had a lovely stay with us. Thank you for your review and lovely compliments. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Pleasant overnight stay. This hotel is located beside Wind Street with lots of bars and restaurants. We had a very large well presented room, a bit of disturbance during the night due to graduations with lots of singing and door slamming at 3.30 am. The young man checking us in wore a gown and mortarboard, obviously catering for the very many graduates staying on the night. Ideal hotel for stag, hens and young people but would not recommend as a family hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights when my daughter graduated. Good price, very nice beds, but we went elsewhere to eat our breakfast due to overprised breakfast at the hotel. I asked the staff to clean out my bathroom later when they did their round, because I was getting ready for dinner. They said they would, but never came to do it. The wi-fi didn't work very good.

Would book at the hotel again, but only because of ok price.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Excellent 2 night stay, welcoming warm reception. Rooms large clean well presented, excellent location for all Swansea sights and facilities. Small dinning room considering size of hotel, first time in a Premier Inn without an buffet breakfast, however food was well cooked and you could order as much as you liked for breakfast. Staff were friendly and keen to help providing extra tea, coffee and milk. Very enjoyable stay would certainly use again. The outlook from your room is either a car park or a busy road no pleasant views.

Room Tip: Hotel overlooks Wind Street the hot bed of nightlife in Swansea, the rooms on the opposite side to w...
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel whilst visiting family who I haven't seen for many many years. Great venue to explore the city, as a huge fan of Dylan Thomas' work it was fascinating to see the festivities as 2014 is the 100th anniversary of the poets birth.

I was checked in by Chris who was very nice and explained the layout of the hotel and the also explained to me about the hotel having security that evening so I may be asked for my name and room number if I arrived late back to the hotel. At first this made me wonder why a hotel needs security and I started to worry if this was a good idea to stay here. That night I did see the female security guard who was so charming and made me feel reassured. I then understood it was because of the nightlife and it was to ensure it was only guests who had access to the hotel after 11pm.

Mid week, after a long evening with family in the beautiful Gower area I was looking forward to going back to the motel to sleep. By the time I returned back It was 2am. I was greeted by a charming young lad by the name of Sam on reception. He was so polite and was interested about my visit to Gower. We spoke for over 30 minutes and he even made me a mug of coffee. The conversation turned to my plans for the remaining days of my stay. Sam made suggestions, handed me information leaflets, checked public transport for me and wrote down service numbers of the specific buses that I would need to catch. He then even gave me a bus timetable that he carries in his bag. This was such a kind gesture as this way I could check bus times in my room.

I saw Sam the next night on the 3rd floor corridor and he asked me about my day which was so lovely, he even brought me extra sachets of coffee and cartons of milk.

I have stayed in many hotels in the USA due to the nature of my work, this however was one of the best customer service experiences I have had.

Upon check out that weekend Catherine was so lovely and wished me a nice journey home.

Both Chris, Sam, Catherine and the security officer made my visit to Swansea that little bit extra special and represented your company very well.

Excellent hotel and I would happily recommend to others and will stay here again on my next visit to Wales.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank JPhillips1975

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We were absolutely thrilled to read it. It was nice to hear that Chris, Sam, Catherine and Becky (security) added to the enjoyment of your stay with us. They have been individually thanked and congratulated. We trust you had a lovely time in Swansea and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel was well located to all amenities and only a few minutes walk to the beach, our room was very spacious with a comfy bed etc.only down side would be a few stains on the carpet.The staff were very friendly and welcoming.Top tip don't book the over priced breakfast as there are plentu of places to eat at less than half the
price,!

Room Tip: Top foor in you want a quite nights sleep
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Lovely room, good facilities, friendly welcome on reception, car parking easy to find and good value. Only problem was noise of other guests in the corridors at 2am which woke me! Not at all the fault of the hotel 'though. Didn't use the restaurant for breakfast so can't comment on that.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Philip A, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Swansea City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for your review Fiona. We're glad you had a nice stay with us. Please accept our apologies for the noise you experienced. The staff conduct regular floor checks throughout the night and go to great lengths to minimise noise and disruption. I am so sorry you were woken up in the early hours of the morning. Please be assured that these comments are noted and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.